The Klipsch Audio Community
Chris A

An Unofficial Klipsch Jubilee Buyer's Guide

21 minutes ago, Marvel said:

Somewhere along the ling is the issue of that slippery slope term of synergy. Some things just work while others don't and out they go.

Bruce

That’s a very profound statement....synergy of equipment, listening preferences, and acoustical space all affect the final resultant sound characteristics. It seems for sure that the Crowns do great with Klipsch. I wanted to test if Crown would be just as good with the B&Ws bass sections.

It seems that the general consensus after years of experimentation any many listening hours that Klipsch and Crown are a match made in heaven. I equate that to the tests that Indian forefathers in North America did with homeopathic and natural medicines...after a few deaths, and illnesses, Eventually tested formulas were proven to work. 

I am still planning on getting a set of the Jubilee 2 way sometime in the future. 

2 hours ago, audioquest4life said:

That’s a very profound statement....synergy of equipment, listening preferences, and acoustical space all affect the final resultant sound characteristics. It seems for sure that the Crowns do great with Klipsch. I wanted to test if Crown would be just as good with the B&Ws bass sections.

It seems that the general consensus after years of experimentation any many listening hours that Klipsch and Crown are a match made in heaven. I equate that to the tests that Indian forefathers in North America did with homeopathic and natural medicines...after a few deaths, and illnesses, Eventually tested formulas were proven to work. 

I had a Crown XLS 1002 model and for the price, there is considerable power. But right in their published specs THD+N is rated @ .5% at max output. So they get noisy when you crank up the gain. My unit was quiet at low to medium gain, but turn up the gain to 80-100% and you can def hear a hum/noise at the speakers with the input signal paused.

So you have to respect them for what they were designed to be.......PA amps.

I'm thinking about purchasing an XLS-2502 to run off my avr's pre outs to my mains, knowing I will only use 30-60% of its total output maybe, and below the audible noise ceiling. Class D efficiency, simple DSP signal processing, 440 watts per channel stereo into an 8 ohm load for $600 delivered. And they generate so little external heat. I never ever heard its little fan running across the room. Used the first one bridged to power a passive sub build. No start up pops or bad habits. Where can you purchase that level of power for so little $?

Odd.  The Peachtree page describes the 500 as having a custom Class A input stage, but nothing about the power section.  From the size and lack of external cooling fins, the amp is very likely Class D, but there’s no mention of that.  I wonder why?

1 hour ago, Islander said:

Odd.  The Peachtree page describes the 500 as having a custom Class A input stage, but nothing about the power section.  From the size and lack of external cooling fins, the amp is very likely Class D, but there’s no mention of that.  I wonder why?

Yes from the size and weight (read small) of it I agree class D. In the specs its rated 500 wpc @ <1% THD+N which to me is stating it does get noisy at its max rated power level. The damping is really high @ >650. All of the specs look good except the noise rating @ 500 wpc. The output is not McIntosh like. But again its $1500 delivered, and assembled in the USA. I'm guessing ICE module based on sheer size and price. Lot of power for the price. I'm still evaluating this amp or the Crown xls 2502 to use with my avr pre amp out, mains only.

I wish the Peachtree amp had L+R gain controls on it. Just a couple simple rotary pots.

I keep telling myself "just be happy, 30-40 clean wpc with some headroom is enough for my CWs".......... protect you hearing, dummy. Don't cave in to the sickness.