College Football 2019

jimjimbo

11 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Please consider the thread you're in.

& be careful with the "experts" you trust

There are rivalries here

Just pointing out Coach Days whine last night. 

Not betting here there's not any left in my right pocket for years.

My two cents.

John, no disrespect intended by me. I read your post with the Clemson paw print 3x and I had a bit of trouble distilling the message. Maybe my perception is off, could very well be. I was scratching my head trying to figure out if you are a hard core Clemson fan or not.

Hey, you got two cents :)

• Like 1

Well Kinda, but I am a Caniac since `01. Arturs Irbe and his hand me down (from an icon) dirty pads that he did not lose with!

Yea I want my team to win, they're in my signature. Know they might not after watching that whole game yesterday. The Clemson Tigers still have the drive to take whatever comes their way and win, so two more weeks of waiting.

& good luck to your guys too, I saw part of his Heisman speech and he's a good guy!

Hard to root against the good guys, since the little green army men I played with fifty years ago or the spaghetti westerns or the Cartwrights...

So I'll root for mine!

Here's something for you I enjoyed earlier, if I can assume that you dig a little Southern Rock!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Well Kinda, but I am a Caniac since `01. Arturs Irbe and his hand me down (from an icon) dirty pads that he did not lose with!

Yea I want my team to win, they're in my signature. Know they might not after watching that whole game yesterday. The Clemson Tigers still have the drive to take whatever comes their way and win, so two more weeks of waiting.

& good luck to your guys too, I saw part of his Heisman speech and he's a good guy!

Hard to root against the good guys, since the little green army men I played with fifty years ago or the spaghetti westerns or the Cartwrights...

So I'll root for mine!

Here's something for you I enjoyed earlier, if I can assume that you dig a little Southern Rock!

Oh yeah i can dig a little southern rock!  I owned an Atlanta Rhythm Section vinyl album somewhere back around 1978/79/80.

• Like 1

@JohnJ

Dabo Swinney quote from yesterday: 

“Well, we’re No. 3 right now, and they’re No. 1,” Swinney said embracing the underdog role. “I said all year that it’s going to take 30-0 for us to win the national championship this year. We’re going to have to go 30-0, and that’s what we’re going to have to do.

“If we’re going to win it, we’re going to have to go to their place. I mean, this is epic to go to Louisiana. We’ve never won in New Orleans. We haven’t won a Playoff game in New Orleans. We haven’t won a Sugar Bowl. So, now you got to go play LSU, who is unbelievable by the way. I’ve seen them a few times. They’re amazing.

“We are the underdog, and we should be the underdog. They’re an incredible team. They’ve had a great year.”

• Like 2

Looks like we both got to the pc around the same time.

`Morning first I've seen of that but I know that coach is level headed and anyone that has only seen LSU highlights even knows that your team is hard to play against.

DS also says frequently practice "the" game and not for an opponent. I'd like to hear an elaboration on that because it will take a slight deviation from that formula to compete with your tigers.

Hoping that it's a played and officiated by the rules heavyweight game👍

• Like 1

@JohnJ

Good morning sir. I failed on my greeting. Been up since ~ 0330 CST. Shoulder pain usually wakes me early.

I hope for an entertaining game, a close game, and a safe game (no serious injuries for any player). At the end of the day, its just a game.

Ask Steve Ensminger- LSU offensive coordinator. Lost his DIL Saturday in a small plane crash approx 3 hours before game yesterday. Coach O told him of the news @ lunch. Carly McCord......was on her way to the game. She was a reporter.

• Sad 1

@polizzio

Sorry `bout that.

I woke up at ten till five est today with the splitting headache that's been with me since I caught a bug last week then woke up Christmas day with it and lots of snot.

I heard that when announced, and from the poor guy getting attacked by the dim-wits right now over it.

He was not being callous, mean or disrespectful.

They were talking football and took a moment to offer their thoughts of condolence and express admiration for the man that was still taking care of his duty as a caring coach.

The night playoff game Saturday broke viewing records with 19+ million, think the championship will blow by that number.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

I woke up at ten till five est today with the splitting headache that's been with me since I caught a bug last week then woke up Christmas day with it and lots of snot.

I heard that when announced, and from the poor guy getting attacked by the dim-wits right now over it.

He was not being callous, mean or disrespectful.

They were talking football and took a moment to offer their thoughts of condolence and express admiration for the man that was still taking care of his duty as a caring coach.

The night playoff game Saturday broke viewing records with 19+ million, think the championship will blow by that number.

Yeah, I read on line about people on line attacking the reporter over his comments. The guy didn't mean any disrespect I don't believe, he was there to report on the game. Some people are rabid with their condemnation, like on FB/social media. I joined FB like 4 years ago, was holding out for a long time. Sometimes I really wonder if it enhances my life or not. I have re-connected to a few old friends but so much stupidity and out right hate sometimes.

I hope you get over the headache /bug soon.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

I'm rooting for the Bengals future #1 overall pick, LSU QB Joe Barrows.  He could become the next face of the NFL like Andrew Luck was.  Very likeable young man, old-school humble.

He mentioned the poverty in OH where he is from in his Heisman speech (some kids going to bed hungry) and people from around the nation flooded the local food bank with donations! Now that is awesome! Joe has tremendous talent, smart, and isn't afraid to run with the ball and take a hit. He has a bright future for sure.

• Like 2

Hey @wvu80 good luck with that, he probably wouldn't do like Luck did.

How could anybody fill that great Peyton Manning's position anyhow??

I've seen Peyton, Brett, Vick (he was incredible & owned the panthers for a while), and brady several times each play right in front of me. 

Guess who impressed me the most? The guy in blue, number 18.

& I loved Farve for a long time.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Hey @wvu80 good luck with that, he probably wouldn't do like Luck did.

How could anybody fill that great Peyton Manning's position anyhow??

I've seen Peyton, Brett, Vick (he was incredible & owned the panthers for a while), and brady several times each play right in front of me. 

Guess who impressed me the most? The guy in blue, number 18.

& I loved Farve for a long time.

I still say Peyton Manning was the best QB ever, even Bill Belichick said that on an episode of top 100 NFL players on ESPN recently. And Brady was sitting next to him when he said it. I think Brady agreed. Andrew Luck had better stats than Manning in his first three years at Indy, until he started taking on middle linebackers.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

The Broncos won in spite of him, not because of him.

Yea-but

when he was #18 blue him and Jeff Saturday were genius in recognizing, adapting and acting on the info they gathered in a split second to be prolific and historic!

Saw a super interesting article in SI about that years ago.

Kinda miss that league that hates me & more after four years without it. But 82 regular season games in the NHL and zero losses in two seasons college football talent fills the void.

Youtubetv has the sec channel might watch some of it next season.

6 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

I still say Peyton Manning was the best QB ever, even Bill Belichick said that on an episode of top 100 NFL players on ESPN recently. And Brady was sitting next to him when he said it. I think Brady agreed. Andrew Luck had better stats than Manning in his first three years at Indy, until he started taking on middle linebackers.

Ole Bill would have to admire one cheater to another, and hiding behind his wife to boot.  PEDs that others were nailed for, but the NFL looked over the retiring St. Peyton.

3 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Ole Bill would have to admire one cheater to another, and hiding behind his wife to boot.  PEDs that others were nailed for, but the NFL looked over the retiring St. Peyton.

Unsubstantiated Manning did anything wrong. He did personally write a $20 million check to start his children's hospital, and raise millions every year, and show up for countless happenings at the hospital, and do commercials with these kids. Some teams have murderers, rapist, and con men as role models, I'm glad Manning does what he does.

• Like 2