Is this the worst candy ever?

BigStewMan

Mike @dirtmudd that dude has eaten some strange stuff. Cactus, crayons, light bulbs ... one of his videos he’s records himself going to the doctor because he and two other guys had eaten a 40 lb goat and it wasn’t cooked all the way.  He has a case of the trots for about a month. He tells the doc “My sister is a doctor and she said that i could have a parasite.” The doctor says, “yeah, there’s about a thousand things that you could have."

He's "Insane in the Membrane" all that for "likes"?

Never liked the brachs candy corn, a grocery store here from bygone days (Winn Dixie) had their own store brand and it was good, just honey sugar and something waxy.

Jordan Almonds for me, fresh fried okra or a green apple with a little salt to cut the sour.

Did pick up a bag for tomorrow night and the baby ruth minis do not have peanuts in them???   WTH? 

• Sad 1

• Moderators
18 hours ago, CECAA850 said:
18 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

Remember those tiny wax bottles that had soda or some kind of sugary beverage in them.  Drink the liquid and chew the wax bottle.

Sure do.  How about wax lips

Wax lips, well it would depend on how the rest of her looks ?

• Haha 1

• Moderators
12 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

you’re closer to the truth than you realize.  some of these ladies now with those collagen treatments have lips that are nearly as big as those wax ones. 

Your right and it's crazy looking, some look like they are going to pop, what idiot thought that was good looking, probably the same one who thought of butt implants, it's sad. 

• Like 2

$73,000,000.00! Apparently a lot of folks like CC. They sell $73 millions worth of the stuff each year. I never have liked it or any flavor/color of licorice.

We’re expecting 200 to 300 kids tonight.......... and no candy corn from this house shall darken their goody bags.

• Haha 1

Licorice seems to be like cilantro---an inherited taste.  Any other "flavor" of licorice isn't licorice.  It is its own substance (the root of the plant) and flavor, with close relatives in flavor such as fennel and anise.  I love the flavor, and always have.  As for cilantro, I like it too, but some people have an inherited trait that makes it taste like soap to them.  There is really nothing those poor sots can do about it.

Licorice is found in European cultures, which is probably why we have it in the USA.  Oddly enough, it is nowhere to be found in South America, despite the strange cultural phenomenon there of non-indigenous people priding themselves on being "more European" than American, no matter how many generations have lived there.  The flavor is also popular in Asia.  My favorite of all time comes from Italy, and are little cylinder shaped pellets which are nothing more than licorice and a binder.  They are extra strong, and sugar free---and I just can't find it in the USA!

• Like 2

I'm good with licorice. The red stuff is not licorice to me, though.  I saw an Aussie brand that did have licorice in the red.

how about saladitos? They're an acquired taste. In 50 years, I haven't.  I about tossed the first time I popped on in my mouth. Smarter now.

there are some interesting items that are sold as "seeds" in HI.  Oldtimer could elaborate better than me [I?}.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

with close relatives in flavor such as fennel and anise. 

I do like anise, well in italian sausage anyway, don't remember it in anything else, for me Cilantro is ok if it is not overused.

We do not get any kids knocking for halloween, not one in over 20 years, it's way to far between houses. Since were not prepared (no candy) we now turn off the front lights so it's just dark. Don't know what else to do I don't know any tricks.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

all of the town kids end up "downtown". We have a block party.  I really like it. No trick or treaters at your door, unless they are friends looking for beverage.

I'll make an appearance. No need to dress up. I might carry my "wizard stick".

* being this a “child’s holiday” might I suggest you keep your sarong tightly closed and your wizard stick unexposed - 🧙‍♂️

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1