The Klipsch Audio Community
sjenriquez

First klipsch - Cornwall III vs IV

Hello all,

I'm new to the forum and soon to be new to Klipsch. I tried searching but haven't found a thread specifically on this topic - Cornwall III vs IV.

I can pick up a set of III's for a good price, but I'm wondering if I'll kick myself for not getting IV's if they're a big improvement. I like keeping things for a long time instead of a lot of swapping. Unfortunately I can't hear IV's in person. Any thoughts from those who have heard both?

Scott

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sjenriquez said:

Hello all,

I'm new to the forum and soon to be new to Klipsch. I tried searching but haven't found a thread specifically on this topic - Cornwall III vs IV.

I can pick up a set of III's for a good price, but I'm wondering if I'll kick myself for not getting IV's if they're a big improvement. I like keeping things for a long time instead of a lot of swapping. Unfortunately I can't hear IV's in person. Any thoughts from those who have heard both?

Scott

The IV, by a country mile, but if you want the last pair of III's ever made and signed by everyone at plant let me know.

Travis

• Like 1

IV

IV is greater than III - gots’ to be better 

Wondering if it’s past the point of diminishing returns, but maybe this is the wrong question to ask, haha.

3 minutes ago, sjenriquez said:

Wondering if it’s past the point of diminishing returns, but maybe this is the wrong question to ask, haha.

III is good. IV is better. Only you can decide if it's diminishing returns. You can't listen through someone else's ears.

• Like 1

Wait for the V. 

Ain't no jive. 

Sakes alive,

We're all waitin' for the V.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'd only get the 4 unless you wanted the last set of 3's that Travis mentioned, super cool, everybody at the plant signed them.  Last pair of cornwall 3's to roll off the line.  

• Thanks 1

I myself could be seriously tempted by a nice pair of B-stock C4's in walnut or cherry!  I could also be tempted by a pair of III's if the price was right, which so far from what I've seen, it never is.