Covid19 redux

Bosco-d-gama

3 minutes ago, Deang said:

So some of you think a BSL-4 facility is like Jurassic Park. A little misdirection, grab your specimens, and head off to the market. Lol. Yes, it’s as ridiculous as it sounds. 

----------I am looking for the article ,it was published back in march- once I find it , I will post it ----

All the talk about the facility is, (even though the Chinese tried to do everything they could before finally telling the world), moot if there was a purposeful leak... or even worse, a small operation that released the virus in several countries simultaneously. 

I'm just saying, as far fetched as this sounds... don't rule anything out. It could even be done as easily as sending packages overnight shipping.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Deang said:

So some of you think a BSL-4 facility is like Jurassic Park. A little misdirection, grab your specimens, and head off to the market. Lol. Yes, it’s as ridiculous as it sounds. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Deang said:

280 meters away? The Wuhan Lab and Market are almost 15 miles away from each other. 

there are 2 labs  ----------see the google map at the end of this PDF  , it shows the location of that 1st lab -----

--https://img-prod.tgcom24.mediaset.it/images/2020/02/16/114720192-5eb8307f-017c-4075-a697-348628da0204.pdf

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Deang said:

280 meters away? The Wuhan Lab and Market are almost 15 miles away from each other. 

this article  published -  02-16-2020  mentions 2 labs ---------the second lab , the P4 lab is not the lab in question -------

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/coronavirus-actually-started-secret-wuhan-21506739

• Like 1

I don’t think you’re even reading most of what you’re posting. You’re just googling and posting links to stuff filled with conjecture. Basically you’re just shit-posting. The only lab people are looking at is the Wuhan Institute of Virology - a  BSL-4 facility. The CDCC is BSL-2, and they don’t do that level of research - they aren’t set up for it. 

People really need to stop acting like the Chinese are idiots. 

This map was made using the actual GPS coordinates which I found on Wikipedia. 

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/30°37'10.6"N+114°15'27.4"E/30.539417,114.350853/@30.5842576,114.310248,12z/data=!4m7!4m6!1m3!2m2!1d114.2576111!2d30.6196111!1m0!3e0?hl=en

24 minutes ago, Deang said:

I don’t think you’re even reading most of what you’re posting. You’re just googling and posting links

https://img-prod.tgcom24.mediaset.it/images/2020/02/16/114720192-5eb8307f-017c-4075-a697-348628da0204.pdf

take this PDF and go to the last page , it shows the location of LAB no 1   ------------There are 2 labs ---------this is the lab closest to the wet market --------this is not a BSL-4 facility and this was what was suggested by the Chinese scientists  as a possible source of the outbreak -----since it is not a BSL-4 facility -------and  it is inconceivable that this lab was doing bat  testing of that magnitude so close to a food source -   280 meters

* Corresponding author: xiaob@scut.edu.cn Tel / Fax: 86-20-3938-0631

15 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

In my opinion, not wearing a mask these days is a sign of stupidity…

Unless it is an N-95 mask, the only thing a standard hospital mask or home made cloth mask does is keep you from spraying large ammounts of particles to others when you cough. It doesn't do practically anything to protect you from getting it and may even increase your odds of contracting it.

Roger

• Like 2

• Moderators
5 hours ago, Audio Flynn said:

Gain of function studies and creeping around in bat caves and other remote environments as a virus hunter I find to be ethically bizarre. Playing god with DNA I infer creates catastrophic unintended consequences. Humans doing stupid stuff.

Yep, right in own back yard. Bring the family to Galveston this summer.

Galveston National Laboratory: Home to two of the world's deadliest viruses.

"Researchers at the GNL are internationally known for their expertise working with pathogens including Ebola and Marburg, emerging infectious diseases like MERS, and mosquito borne viruses like Zika and Chikungunya. Research also focuses on understanding transmission and pathogenesis of emerging viruses and developing medical countermeasures for dangerous pathogens that can be weaponized."

• Like 1

17 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

In my opinion, not wearing a mask these days is a sign of stupidity…

Forced mask wearing is imo contrary to the principles of individual liberty and freedoms which this country was founded on.  

Wear one if YOU wish to.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Skelt said:

Forced mask wearing is imo contrary to the principles of individual liberty and freedoms which this country was founded on.  

Wear one if YOU wish to.

It's exactly like people such as yourself that are exacerbating this crisis.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Me? I don't go anywhere. 

I live in a very rural area and just filled my freezer a month ago. I don't go into stores much at all.  I buy groceries as they come out of the fields and meat from the livestock auctions.  

8 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:
39 minutes ago, Skelt said:

Wear one if YOU wish to.

It's exactly like people such as yourself that are exacerbating this crisis.  

Exactly, if you want to spread the virus around, spread it in your own space, not mine.  It is my individual liberty to not have you infecting me.  Very poor perspective and rationale.

When I look at the protests, I just think, "let's get put back in lockdown because we have a new hotspot, or series of them". 

Now the flip side, we will be stuck with this virus for likely another year or so and we can't just stay home.  We have to build some immunity.  I would much rather wait a few months before getting it so we have some therapeutics that can give you fighting chance if you are in one of the vulnerable groups.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Skelt said:

Are people required to wear cloths in public? How much was known in the science and medical fields when this country was founded? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• dtel locked this topic