College Football 2021

EmilC

13 hours ago, rplace said:

You are just like my sister and it saddens me. I cheer for MSU every single game of the year except one!

UofM could go 2-11 rather than the likely 11-2 they will end up as long as that 2 was vs OSU and MSU and I'd be satisfied.

Win or lost against OSU next weekend....Harbauh still needs to go. If you can't beat MSU and OSU on a regular bases as a Michigan coach you are a failure. Period. As a Michigan fan I'm used to losing bowl games so nothing left to play for except to beat OSU. Unlikely, I know but dare to dream.

Unlike most of my MSU alumni friends, I root for Michigan when appropriate. I want the best team to represent the B1G.  IMO, OSU is the best team in BIG, and has the best chance of representing B1G in CFP.  If Michigan beats OSU, then I will root for Michigan, but I genuinely believe OSU has superior talent and coaching.

• Like 3

blue is gonna come full throttle @ Stroud from the edge.  Backups are spending more time w/the zone 6 guys this week.  They also have a good rushing offense.  It'll be a good ball game to watch that's for sure.  Harb's presser today was typically Harb's.  One word answers and looking dazed and confused.    :)

1 hour ago, EmilC said:

So you noticed that also :^)

I have a good friend that is PSU alumni, ROTC, 20+ years in the Navy as a pilot. Did the flyover at White Out game a few years back. On field with mascots and captains...invited back in the locker room (no showers) after a victory to whoop it up with the team. After all that he can't summon the strength to give Franklin a 2nd, 3rd...15th chance.

PSU will never have an elite level team with Franklin at the Helm according to his frequent texts to *****. I've started to pay attention to clock management and playing it safe once he has a lead the last few years. He (pilot fried) is spot on.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, rplace said:

I have a good friend that is PSU alumni, ROTC, 20+ years in the Navy as a pilot. Did the flyover at White Out game a few years back. On field with mascots and captains...invited back in the locker room (no showers) after a victory to whoop it up with the team. After all that he can't summon the strength to give Franklin a 2nd, 3rd...15th chance.

PSU will never have an elite level team with Franklin at the Helm according to his frequent texts to *****. I've started to pay attention to clock management and playing it safe once he has a lead the last few years. He (pilot fried) is spot on.

https://victorybellrings.com/2021/11/23/penn-state-james-franklin-extension-looming-usc-lsu-jobs-not-appealing/

Penn State Football and James Franklin are on the cusp of putting pen and paper to an extension that will keep the Lions’ head coach in Happy Valley for a second decade

:unsure2:

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, EmilC said:

https://victorybellrings.com/2021/11/23/penn-state-james-franklin-extension-looming-usc-lsu-jobs-not-appealing/

Penn State Football and James Franklin are on the cusp of putting pen and paper to an extension that will keep the Lions’ head coach in Happy Valley for a second decade

:unsure2:

Am I correct that you would be against an extension?

The current line is PSU by 1 1/2 over MSU.  I’m surprised it’s not larger, especially after Sparty’s beat down last week.  

The best thing about MSU vs PSU is that the loser has the “reward” of NOT having to store, for another year, the ugliest rivalry trophy in all of college football.

B156CC5C-F911-40A5-AF67-964D15EADA9B.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don't think OSU cares what they do in all honesty.  I do know one thing and that's Ryan Day deserves a raise.  Word on the street is the Bears are looking at him for their head coaching job.  An extension is in order with a substantial pay raise cause he's not even close to what they're making.

Talked to some formers today who were at the OSU senior tackle and they said they're ready to go and want to hang 100 on blue.  Whether or not that happens remains to be seen.  I'll be happy with the W cause games up there can always go either way.  This year they're hungry so we'll see how the buck toothed weasels react.  😂    😇  On any given day applies!

GO BUCKS!  :)

It will be a surprise if Wolverines don’t give Buckeys a challenge.  It will be an even bigger surprise if the could pull off an upset.  Looking forward to watching the game.

Later this afternoon I’ll be watching MSU vs PSU to see if Spartans have any fight left after being embarrassed by Buckeyes.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Area 51 said:

I can't sleep!

Sleep is over-rated but you already know that.  Got a call last evening about a ticket but I'd be sitting with a bunch of blue legends and you know what that would be like.  They already have THE game won so I declined but made a couple side bets.  :)  This IS their best shot at beating OSU in years and they know it.  They can double up on our receivers and our running backs but someone will always be open when that happens.  So there's that.

Should be some smash mouth football and I'm glad I don't have a defib on my pacer!  

Relax Neil if you can.  That's gonna be another battle to watch.  Tons of battles everywhere today!  Picked up 12 Heineken yesterday but think I'll wait til the games over and I'm calm enough to appreciate it!

GO BUCKS!

• Like 2