If you are an investor.....

Fish

If you had put in all of your investable money the day before each of the major stock market crashes in the past forty years And left your money in the entire time he would be a millionaire now. Tell me what warren Buffett is doing and I’ll tell you what you should be doing with your money.  The ultra wealthy do things that have no bearing on our financials.  Get/be debt free, have a safety net savings account, and invest the rest in long term solid investments.  Will the crash hurt, only if I look at my investments the day of the crash.  It’s ok chicken little, the sky is not falling unless you weren’t planning ahead…

• Like 1

Yep.

I've got a story I tell new investors (new employees with State/County employers who are joining the 401K)

When I'm done setting it up, I go into a scenario where "I" decide to NOT buy a can of corn that's on sale for 10 cents (when normal price is $1.00)

Almost to a person, they ALWAYS look at me with slightly squinched eyebrows....  thinking inside that I must be a dumbazz.....  to which I always freely admit but, that's a different story.

None the less....per the story I give them, they think my decisions are utterly stupid....and then I turn it around and let them know that over the years, I've had investors do EXACTLY THAT.

It is always interesting to see how they respond to the conversation.  Ultimately, I'll tell them I'm not really telling them what to do under different situations but rather, want to give them something to think about so 20 years from now when I'm dead and they are facing a market crash....  they might remember me and my comments....  and give pause to do they:

1.  Liquidate (usually a bad idea)

2.  Hold tight and do nothing (not necessarily a bad idea)

3.  Throw MORE money after their (presumed by them to be 'bad') money.....  which virtually every time in history, had you done that (I'm restricting my comments to a 401K type account)  anyway, virtually any time in history that would have been a good move rather than the other choices.

2 hours ago, Kalifornian said:

If you had put in all of your investable money the day before each of the major stock market crashes in the past forty years And left your money in the entire time he would be a millionaire now. Tell me what warren Buffett is doing and I’ll tell you what you should be doing with your money.  The ultra wealthy do things that have no bearing on our financials.  Get/be debt free, have a safety net savings account, and invest the rest in long term solid investments.  Will the crash hurt, only if I look at my investments the day of the crash.  It’s ok chicken little, the sky is not falling unless you weren’t planning ahead…

Great if it all goes to heil we'll all be rich ! Fortunately I could care less about the market, it's ALL gonna get much better soon...that's why ole boy bailed is the STORY ! It's not about the market, WOW. Just to reiterate, ole boy CEO Moderna took his $400 million OUT, CLOSED SOCIAL MEDIA. He is also LARGEST INVESTOR in SPOTIFY........huh......

4 hours ago, Fish said:

Great if it all goes to heil we'll all be rich ! Fortunately I could care less about the market, it's ALL gonna get much better soon...that's why ole boy bailed is the STORY ! It's not about the market, WOW. Just to reiterate, ole boy CEO Moderna took his $400 million OUT, CLOSED SOCIAL MEDIA. He is also LARGEST INVESTOR in SPOTIFY........huh......

So what are you saying exactly? 

• Haha 1

If you are an investor... that means you're actually interested in growth. Great, so am I, most assuredly. I feels good to have others who agree with your way of thinking. When you find someone else who has been on your path longer than you, who has travelled farther, with greater success, you hope to achieve what they have. I've always believed some things to be inherently true, but often I lacked the confidence in sharing with many others. Earlier in life, I couldn't express these things properly, or lacked real world knowledge to expand on them, but recently I've learned that I'm not the only one to have this knowledge so I can't be making this stuff up. That feels good too. There is a kind of mindset that flows in a certain direction, and we all have an accumulative effect on that flow.

We are living at the very peak of Human existence in the best possible location on the planet for growth to occur. That fact alone leaves us the most blind to just how far down we could actually fall. A fall that can have a far greater effect than any stock market gains or declines could have. All of us here are golden, no matter what happens next. Relish in knowing that, and let those thoughts embellish you. Our legacies are already minted in time.

Now lets expand the timeline beyond our futures. In the generations to come, those that have not yet seen the light of day, they will stand in great awe of our amazing success, of our exorbitant greed, and of our total lack of foresight. Their school books will teach them about how our generations were the ones who had the greatest power, the best methods, and had the most access to resources. The history books will also teach them how we were the ones who had the most opportunities to share our successes with the world that came next. Unfortunately for them, we will have proved to them that our own greed was much to great for the world to bear, and their own sufferings are a direct result of the choices we collectively have made during our lives. 

At this time, if you are at this very moment, forming thoughts in your mind about just how wrong I am, or feel at all defensive in nature, you especially should keep reading. The majority of you will fall into I don't know, or I don't care territory, but you are not excused, keep reading.

I'm going to bring this down to a personal level. Just you and me here now. This isn't politics, religion, etc. so don't even go there. It's not that kind of a subject. I don't have any agenda. I'm not talking about numbers. I just want you to understand that there is a world that is still here after you no longer are, and what that actually means when you choose to live the way that you do. There are others who are more intelligent than I am, who are more educated than I ever will be, who can speak more effectively than I can. We all have the right to our own opinion, so consider how true it is that our views almost always revolve around a very short timescale, and serve a very narrow purpose. All I'm asking of you is that you read this in private, but please talk about what you read here with those around you who you love the most, and leave it at that. It's a 9 minute read, but it could change the lives of your families and others around you.

https://illuminem.com/energyvoices/23a3d869-7b57-4eab-9179-2cc83466ec9a

Now carry on with the thread, and try your best to not lock this one. No further need of comment is required here.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 314carpenter said:

There are others who are more intelligent than I am

This looks like a bunch of leftist climate change garbage to me just look at their data sources; Harvard, the UN and the World Bank-- are you serious?:

Data

I collected data for real-world indicators of the World3 variables population, fertility, mortality, pollution, industrial output, food, services, non-renewable natural resources, human welfare, and ecological footprint. This data came from academia, (non-)government agencies, United Nations entities, and the World Bank. A full description of the data sources can be found in my thesis on the Harvard website.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, michaelwardjones said:

Correct , Musk may owe Billions on Paper , but as a Texas taxpayer , he is very active,  and after Tax deductions for  losses and ventures/ credits / investments /options  and  extending Tax payments when Musk  would have accumulated even more losses /deductions /credits ,  in the end , Musk  may even have a Right to a Tax Refund .

I’m an optimist , stocks will continue to rise over time , major problems that confront mankind will likely be solved (eventually) , the pandemic will wane, prosperity will spread , and Klipsch will continue to produce fully horn loaded loudspeakers.🤓

• Like 2