Klipsch Heritage Jubilee vs. Underground Jubilee Upgrade

diamonddelts

1 hour ago, OO1 said:

can you post  a picture of the lowered horns  , I am not criticizing  lowering the horns in any way , far from it , but I have never seen what it looks like tx

The last picture in the set of pictures posted above by @OilyBoy in this thread shows the lowered horns.

6 hours ago, KT88 said:

My current configuration. The Quad 606 I bought cheaply four months ago and installed new electrolytic capacitors, because I want to drive the bass with it and with a Quad 306 the K402 TAD. At the moment I have other projects, when the time comes and it is ready you are welcome to visit me, I probably have the only UJ in Germany.

IMG_1056.jpeg

WoW Heinz ..it´s better for me to stay where I´m , glad that you haven´t invited me to cologne to listen to your gear . I´m sure I cant´t sleep for a couple of weeks after such a listening experience 😁

7 hours ago, KT88 said:

We could arrange a date for the next spring if you like. I can send you my email as a PM. Yes, I know your area, very very nice in the Netherlands, I have every year a week with two old school friends for 18 years where we rent a boat in North Friesland. For Americans it is a distance like for us to get bread rolls....

@MicroMaraas well if you like.

We used to sail on the Islemeer many years and we were on Texel many times as well. Oh I love the netherlands... Rotterdam, Amsterdam , Eindhoven, Gronigen, den´Bosch ...visited sooo much cities ....The netherlands are one of the best countries to life in europe .....

Ja Heinz that´s a good idea ,kindly involve me for further communication in this matter for the upcoming spring in 2024 ! 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

WoW Heinz ..it´s better for me to stay where I´m , glad that you haven´t invited me to cologne to listen to your gear . I´m sure I cant´t sleep for a couple of weeks after such a listening experience 😁

I still haven't invited you because it's still not operational with the active crossover. Not because I didn't want to invite you. There were so many other things to do in the family. The passive version as it still is would not have been good enough to demonstrate. Feel free to think it over until spring. You are very welcome.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, KT88 said:

I still haven't invited you because it's still not operational with the active crossover. Not because I didn't want to invite you. There were so many other things to do in the family. The passive version as it still is would not have been good enough to demonstrate. Feel free to think it over until spring. You are very welcome.

keep me in touch with this matter and let me know when the project is finished , than I´ll come to cologne as we agreed allready a couple of month ago. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, seti said:

My wife has bought Belles for our living room and approved new Jubilees for music room...

The Snails are getting closer to being fired up. Between surgery and radiation treatments this summer, I haven't been real motivated. 🙄

My wife didn't really mind the MWMs and LS in the house.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Marvel said:

The Snails are getting closer to being fired up. Between surgery and radiation treatments this summer, I haven't been real motivated. 🙄

My wife didn't really mind the MWMs and LS in the house.

Send pics when you get snails going.

Oh man I hadn't heard. Hope your doing well. I've only dropped in forums now and again..

• Thanks 1

On 11/2/2023 at 12:09 PM, MMurg said:

Lowering the horns down as some people have done with the Underground Jubilee is probably not practical on the Heritage Jubilee without making something the support the weight of the veneered MDF frame around the horn.  However, much of that benefit can be had by simply tilting the horn down until the listening position is vertically on-axis with the K-402 horn.  I describe what I did with mine here.

I did the same thing with my JubScala IIs.  The 402 horns are tilted forward at a 7 degree angle, which has them aimed directly at the listening position in the vertical plane.  In the horizontal plane, they cross roughly 1 metre/yard in front of the listening position.  It seems to work out well, but I would like to have a wider sweet spot.  Aiming the 402s inward that much definitely helped the listening width, but even more would be better.

On 2/2/2023 at 10:16 PM, Delicious2 said:

I liked that white paper above.  One interesting bit was about measuring a change in the brain waves of subjects listening to super tweeters or not.  A prime example of "not everything that can be measured (necessarily) matters..."  On one level I think surely if my brainwaves change the difference is perceptible - I could tell...but....MAYBE not... HeHeHe.

One thing I do know is I like the sound of my UG Jubes with TAD 4002s driven by First Watt SIT2 up high and Hypex NC400 monoblocks down below.  Looking forward to comparing them to a new set of K402 based MEHs I have in the works based on Chris' center prototype.

Im considering a K-402 as well, but I will build the horn from wood like the guy on the Australian forum.. How is your project going?

4 hours ago, Horn Tube said:

Im considering a K-402 as well, but I will build the horn from wood like the guy on the Australian forum.. How is your project going?

Don't want to hijack OP's thread with detail so the builds are done as you can check out over on the "Karma" site in the Klipsch Modifications thread my username is MA043HA. 

• 2 months later...