(SOLD OUT) Dope From Hope Book (SOLD OUT)

barbiebnyc

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators
9 hours ago, JefDC said:

I'm confused, is the book 'Sold Out' or is this a re-print ? 

Is it possible to order ?

Best regards ... Jef

The first edition was sold on a Kickstarter crowdsourcing platform, and so is most analogous to a “preorder only” situation. However, the Museum obtained some extra copies and there may be a few extra copies when order arrives in the US we can purchase. 

We will make the details available, pricing, etc. when we know.

Thanks,

Travis

• Like 2

A question regarding the September 18th cut-off date for address verification/change.

I have an email that states I've verified my mailing address but I have my "Doubter" cap on today so I'm convinced that the publishers don't have my confirmed address. :)

Is there a way to "Double" check that all is well with my order?!?!

Thanks

JJ

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, DoubleJ said:

A question regarding the September 18th cut-off date for address verification/change.

I have an email that states I've verified my mailing address but I have my "Doubter" cap on today so I'm convinced that the publishers don't have my confirmed address. :)

Is there a way to "Double" check that all is well with my order?!?!

Thanks

JJ

Hey DoubleJ, glad to see I’m not the only one who has Doubter Cap syndrome across a wide variety of projects.

The publishers and the printing project are separate from the Museum, so I don’t have a way to access any of that information. I would reply to the email (if allowed), or click the email link and send your new address so they can confirm. They are very friendly folks and I’m sure would be happy to answer or get you to the right place.

Travs

• 2 weeks later...

Slipped out to the local High School a couple weeks ago to pick up my free "old guy" annual athletic pass so I could save 5$ a ticket to watch the grands play volleyball & football.  

Met with the librarian and dropped off the first Klipsch book I got for the school at the same time.  Funny watching her reaction as she opened it.  "WOW, this is NOTHING like I thought it was gonna be," were the first words out of her mouth. 

She just kept turning pages and inside I was laffin my rear off.  Before it was over she had two secretaries, the principal and a couple other teachers huddled up shaking their heads.  I told them the speakers Klipsch built were the same way.  Done RIGHT!

Then I shared my story about the "Dope From Hope" booklet and how it resonated with me.  Then they all wanted to know how they sounded so I took 'em to "skool."  The end result was she was gonna nose to see if she could find anything but not to expect much because of the "Dope" in the title.  Said it prolly got purged because of that or wear and tear on the original over the years.  That and a couple of the teachers said they were gonna give 'em a listen.  I just laffed and said to hit the gold card and forget about it.  :)

End result was it was gonna be a reference book only and she was gonna keep a close eye on it with the kids.  That came after I told her my oldest daughter said they'd trash it and not to donate it.  So someday I'm gonna slip down to the library for an update.  Kids are kids but they all have one thing in common just like we did, they love music!

Payin it forward and sharin the love is always a good thing!  :)

• Like 1