New Dishwasher Advice (Bosch? Model?)

Travis In Austin

• Moderators

I haven't had to buy one in 20 years (maybe because I switched to Bosch, or maybe I was just lucky?). Has anyone been in the market recently? 

There is a great deal of range to the Bosch line now. I like the ultra-quiet top end, but reliability and dry quality is always a factor. 

Thanks in advance. 

Travis

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Travis In Austin said:

I haven't had to buy one in 20 years (maybe because I switched to Bosch, or maybe I was just lucky?). Has anyone been in the market recently? 

There is a great deal of range to the Bosch line now. I like the ultra-quiet top end, but reliability and dry quality is always a factor. 

Thanks in advance. 

Travis

Bosch is made in China.

JJK

From Goggle,

Are Bosch dishwashers made in the USA?

Where Are Bosch Dishwashers Made? With the exception of some Benchmark models which are manufactured in Germany, Bosch dishwashers are made in the U.S. 

Great Brand, but there is an issue.

Please take one of your plates and wine glasses and put them in the dish washer. 

Why, European dishes and glasses are smaller than US and it can be an issue for everyday use

• Like 1

4 hours ago, geezin' said:

beautiful-woman-doing-cleaning-home-wash

😁

Ours gave up the ghost a month ago and we have been doing them by hand. Nice timing for this thread as we are looking at a new one as well.  I can pretty much guaranty my wife wouldn't consider letting me get this model. Probably going to be LG or Samsung.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, JMeader said:

Why, European dishes and glasses are smaller than US and it can be an issue for everyday use

Fwiw, I don't think this is true. Regardless, I'm not sure what model our Bosch is but it accommodates our dishes, bowls, and everything but our pilsner glasses and we live in Texas. 😊 

• Thanks 1

I got 20 yrs out of a basic Bosh dishwasher. The pump failed and was no longer available. We are 3 yrs into a Kitchenaid 38 decibel dishwasher that is almost silent with no issues so far. I buy  half priced scratch and dents at Lowes or Best Buy. George

• Thanks 1

When we updated our kitchen (removed carpet and dark built in cabinets and electric stove), we added a dishwasher. We've never used it. We both will wash and dry, but they are almost always done before we leave the kitchen.

The largest employer in our county is the Roper Corp., now wholly owned by GE. But hey are owned by Haier, a Chinese company. A friend of mine has worked there his whole life, getting ready to retire. He said the new stoves and appliances they make are the cheapest he has ever seen. They are built here and shipped to China and they make money on them.

His complaining may be sour grapes, but there could be some truth to what he says.

• Thanks 1

On 4/28/2024 at 10:44 AM, geezin' said:

I do not care for dishwashers. Inconsistent results IMHO. And I'm single.

Ever had a Bosch? We don't use ours often..it's just the wife and I. But when we have guests or a dinner party it is nice to have. Quiet and does a great job. Heats the water so hot it does NOT have an electrical drying element. Of course we rinse and remove large food remnants before placing in the machine.

Edited by babadono
I meant NO Heating element required
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
On 4/29/2024 at 6:16 AM, GeorgeK said:

I got 20 yrs out of a basic Bosh dishwasher. The pump failed and was no longer available. We are 3 yrs into a Kitchenaid 38 decibel dishwasher that is almost silent with no issues so far. I buy  half priced scratch and dents at Lowes or Best Buy. George

That's the quietest I have seen. Themador, Bosch, Miele, Cove (Wolf/Sup-Zero), Viking, all in the 40 to 42 dB range. 

• Moderators
On 4/27/2024 at 1:22 PM, Zen Traveler said:

Fwiw, I don't think this is true. Regardless, I'm not sure what model our Bosch is but it accommodates our dishes, bowls, and everything but our pilsner glasses and we live in Texas. 😊 

Everything is bigger in Texas

7 hours ago, Travis In Austin said:

Don't think so. The models I'm looking at are made in Germany or North Carolina. 

Sorry about that. My Bosch hot water heaters were made in China. Just going by that.

JJK