Craig at NOSValves

The Dude

Craig at NOSValves could us some prayers or whatever you have to offer. I won't go into details as it's not my place, but will tell you that a rough patch is an understatement.  If you are not the praying type, please keep him in your thoughts or whatever it is you do.  

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 3

On 6/11/2024 at 6:28 PM, JohnJ said:

You talking about the outfit in Houston, TX?

I sincerely hope he's getting better!

As far as I know, Nosvalves is in Mikado, MI (maybe he has recently moved).  

I am worried I have sent the wrong message, so please let me clear this up a little.  Craig for the most part is live and well, without going into to much detail, its pertaining to his wife and her health.  After losing my Mom to ALS in March and my Aunt to the big C, this kind of hit home. Knowing how tight this community can be, I thought some would like to know that one of our own is going through some chit. Anyway, that's all. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, The Dude said:

As far as I know, Nosvalves is in Mikado, MI (maybe he has recently moved).  

I am worried I have sent the wrong message, so please let me clear this up a little.  Craig for the most part is live and well, without going into to much detail, its pertaining to his wife and her health.  After losing my Mom to ALS in March and my Aunt to the bid C, this kind of hit home. Knowing how tight this community can be, I thought some would like to know that one of our own is going through some chit. Anyway, that's all. 

Prayer's to NOS and his wife....  he's a good man and has had to deal with a lot of drama. I haven't spoken to him in quite some time, but he's a square dude and I really like him.

• Like 2

Thanks everyone. Duke is right I'm health wise just fine. My wife Rebecca has been dealing with what was thought to be stage 3 lung cancer for the last 5 months. Last week we found out it was really stage 4 it had spread beyond her chest to her pancreas. All they have to offer is much more evasive chemotherapy compared to what she just finished. Which she refused and I really don't blame her that stuff is flat out miserable. She is just being treated with immunotherapy but were told 6 months is most likely what she has left. As many I'm sure know as this progresses it'll get real ugly! But as she is now you'd never know it. She gets tired out easy but not much more then that. Keep us in your thoughts and prayers.. this October will be 38 years of marriage not sure what my life looks like beyond that...

Craig

• Like 1
  • Sad 7

19 minutes ago, NOSValves said:

Thanks everyone. Duke is right I'm health wise just fine. My wife Rebecca has been dealing with what was thought to be stage 3 lung cancer for the last 5 months. Last week we found out it was really stage 4 it had spread beyond her chest to her pancreas. All they have to offer is much more evasive chemotherapy compared to what she just finished. Which she refused and I really don't blame her that stuff is flat out miserable. She is just being treated with immunotherapy but were told 6 months is most likely what she has left. As many I'm sure know as this progresses it'll get real ugly! But as she is now you'd never know it. She gets tired out easy but not much more then that. Keep us in your thoughts and prayers.. this October will be 38 years of marriage not sure what my life looks like beyond that...

Craig

I know your excellent reputation within the audio community and it’s never easy to see a fellow audiophile go through such difficult circumstances.

Without getting religious I’m absolutely a believer in a higher power and will ask that He comfort you and your wife during this time.

• Like 3

So very sorry to hear Craig.  I'm pretty much in the same boat as you are with a good friend and neighbor.  Have known him my entire life.  He's now in remission for the 3rd time yet knows he's going down hill now and accepting it.  You, your wife and family will be in my prayers.  Hang tough and stay as tight and together as you can.  Bless you all.

• Like 2

On 6/14/2024 at 7:23 PM, NOSValves said:

Craig

Stay strong buddy, you and your family are in my prayers.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Deang said:

Please share the link as you go out into the wilds.

Craig hates charity but will just have to get over it.

https://gofund.me/3a8539c7

Dean,

I swear if I didn't love you so much I'd drive down to Dayton and beat your booty! But thanks I'm sure we will be needing lots of help. After 37 1/2 I don't what I'll do if I lose her! 

I don't like it but thanks for the gesture!

Craig

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Hey folks,

Thought I'd stop in to let you all know we received some great news today. Not sure how much you all know about stage 4 lung cancer but it is pretty much incurable. The last prognosis we received gave her 6 months 🙁 but after her recent PET scan they found that all the cancer in her chest had shrunk to almost non-existence!  ALso even though they were not targeting the cancer in her pancreas since it was not confirmed yet it also had shrunk from the completed Chemo for her chest area! The Radiation doctor seen this morning he thinks he can clear it out of her pancreas with a few weeks of radiation. This does not mean she is clear or completely safe. But it does mean the 6 months is not accurate! 

The Donations are great and appreciated! But please above all keep up the prayers and positive thoughts whatever belief you support. 

Thanks a bunch Craig 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3