Attacks must stop!!!

Trey Cannon

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanx Trey

I've been a member of this forum since 99, longer than most,yet have barely more than 100 posts..I am here to learn, post what I know, and not antagonize..I let a post get the better of me years ago, and got into a stupid argument that I shouldn't have. Now I know better. I read the forum all the time, but surely don't get caught up in all the name calling, and religious/political battles. This forum has, for the most part, taught me many things..not only more about audio equipment, and how it works, and great tips on what to look for, but some great suggestions of music selections to add to my collection.

I recently bought Craig's Scott 130 preamp, and have been wanting to post my "review" on this forum, but have hesitated, as there were too many flame wars..so I didn't want to get anyone started.

Will post when the smoke clears..

Steve

I am also a member that does not post often. Most of what I now know about stereo's and speakers I learned from this Forum. I have spent over $10,000.00 since joining this Forum and it is all beacuse of the members. I also purchased 74 Klipschorns- 79 Cornwalls- 76 Herseys - 2004 RF5's- 2003 RCIII-2, because I love the Klipsch sound and this Forum has caused me to buy so many new tube amps I needed more speakers to utilize them.

Even my dad has joined in and has an all new Klipsch surround sound system. This Forum is great for Klipsch speaker sales. There is no need EVER to slander or question someones opinion. Polite corrections for wrong information given is good for all of us, but flaming someone for his or her opinion should not exist.

For those of you who have read this thread, is it not interesting all the members who do not post because they fear your rebuttles. Sad that members should feel that way because of a few. You know who you are and so do the rest of us. My only hope is that you all get the boot.

Sorry for the long post 9.gif

A special thanks to those that have helped me:

Dean-Craig-Larry L.-GaryMD-Sheltie Dave-Smilin9.gif

MaxG-Mark McDeen(sorry for butchering the name)-Alan (great jazz calls)

Bill,

My sentiments exactly I have so many customers that are lurkers here because there afraid to post. The Ironic thing about it is many of the true problems makers here do not own Klipsch speakers but are allowed to keep this behavior up! I have fell for the bait so many times it makes my head spin. I have toned down as of late and plan to keep it that way but certain people will just not let it rest at least with me. I truly think Klipsch should look to the most well behaved and level headed member and use them as moderators with of coarse a single Klipsch employee as there supervisor. I think if some dedicated moderators were here and seen what truly goes on then most of this flaming would disappear. I frequent a good number of forums and this is the only forum that has problems this extreme the only difference is active moderation by proven fair minded members.

Craig

----------------

On 3/16/2004 10:22:56 AM NOSValves wrote:

Bill,

My sentiments exactly I have so many customers that are lurkers here because there afraid to post. The Ironic thing about it is many of the true problems makers here do not own Klipsch speakers but are allowed to keep this behavior up! I have fell for the bait so many times it makes my head spin. I have toned down as of late and plan to keep it that way but certain people will just not let it rest at least with me. I truly think Klipsch should look to the most well behaved and level headed member and use them as moderators with of coarse a single Klipsch employee as there supervisor. I think if some dedicated moderators were here and seen what truly goes on then most of this flaming would disappear. I frequent a good number of forums and this is the only forum that has problems this extreme the only difference is active moderation by proven fair minded members.

Craig
----------------

Well,

Thank you Craig. You were " probably " refering to me. I do not own Heritage speakers at the moment but still, I've owned them longer than you . When you came here you didn't own them either and it didn't bother anyone, so why do you insist of being such a jerk? (that is not a personal attack but a true valid question)

Guy,

IMHO, you were asking a question until you decided to throw in the word "jerk." That's obviously a personal affront, unnecessary and unhelpful. In fact, a shining example of what's wrong with this place and why this particular thread exists. If you're unable to recognize that name-calling is unhelpful and unnecessary, I suggest you cease posting here and go somewhere else where that kind of behavior choice is welcome. I'm sure you could find something.

Tom

Does mean we can't slam Dr Amar Bose even though he doesn't know a damn thing about speaker design?

11.gif

Or how about Matthew Puke, oops, I meant Poop.

No, thats not right either. Oh yeah. Polk

----------------

On 3/16/2004 10:55:34 AM Guy Landau wrote:

No,

I'm asking a question. Please don't direct it to another direction and just answer it.

----------------

Is this your question?

----------------

On 3/16/2004 10:55:34 AM Guy Landau wrote

so why do you insist of being such a jerk?

----------------

I usually stay out of these things but someone needs to say it.

Guy, that is a perfect example of a personal attack and in the thread stating stop the personal attacks. I'm in awe.

Craig:

I truly think Klipsch should look to the most well behaved and level headed member and use them as moderators with of coarse a single Klipsch employee as there supervisor. I think if some dedicated moderators were here and seen what truly goes on then most of this flaming would disappear. I frequent a good number of forums and this is the only forum that has problems this extreme the only difference is active moderation by proven fair minded members

This idea has some merit. It is unfortunate that there may be a need for a commissioner with the priviledge to suspend members for a few days or more, but it might just do the trick. It is unfortunate, but the time may have arrived.

I'm sure this list is not sufficient, but I plan on enjoying a couple of days relaxation overlooking Niagara Falls.

A day or two suspension for foul language.

5 days for unprofessional behaviour (not contributing to the discussion, flaming another member just for the sake of flaming)

The second suspension for the same behaviour is doubled.

1 month for repeated suspensions.

I'm sure some of you can help out with a list of logical consequences (punishments). Everyone also gets to sign in again with the wonderful opportunity to agree to the terms, or else they do not get posting priviledges. Is this tough action, probably, but we have a few members here who do not get the message. If the carrot doesn't work, then there is always the stick. Everyone here has a choice as to how they behave on this forum.

Don

The question requires no response and need not have been asked. Certainly one does not require Klipsch speakers to participate in this forum and 'ownership' bears no relation to whether you are a 'good' forum participant or a 'troll.' Actually, half the nonsense people rally around as causing the 'problems' has nothing to do with it; the political discussions cause the flames, the religious discussions cause the flames, MH causes the flames, ad nauseum.

Wake up call. Humans cause the flames. All the moderation in the world, all the censorship in the world, and all the suggestions to keep every post to one specific topic will never change this. People are open-minded and agreeable with one another right up until they disagree. They then immediately call the other close-minded and feel justified in their bunker.

What makes a good forum is the ability to exchange information and have spirited discussion. The throwing in of a witty barb every now and then is good; conversely, the use of vulgarities and slander to personally attack an opponent should be frowned upon - note, however, both are required elements in society in generally and are plausible strategies in both a debate and the courtroom.

I hear everyone cry about the personal attacks, off-topic threads and I hear the moderators scream 'no more' but what I witness is every single thread on this board that contained 'banned' behavior experiences more posts and more viewing than any 'adhered to the audio topic' thread. Apparently, despite the liberal leanings many exhibit, few are willing to 'come out of the closet' and admit they enjoy the posts despite the 'guilt' they have been programmed to publicly exhibit.

Frankly, if you look at it objectively, if you 'all' got your wishes about the 'rules' you clamor about for; we could close the board and simply post a few FAQ's. For the most part, every question about Scott, Eico, PP, SET, and Klipsch speakers has been covered repeatedly. How many more ' My Eico is great, My Heresies are wonderful, RF-7's rule, modding a RF-7 cross-overs elevates...' posts do we need to see. There is little new information jsut redundant posts. Exactly what FAQ's are intended to resolve; if it is the community you seek to enjoy, remember it is diverse, the topics can stray, and not everyone will be just like you and share your writing style, interests, humor - and they may even dislike you. Just like real life.