Banning posts & Forum censorship

artto

Seems to me not long ago..................

"According to Paul Jacobs, COO of the Klipsch Worldwide Products Group, this interactive global forum with over 13,000 registered users represents the kind of fanatical dedication shared by Klipsch aficionados around the world."

"Jacobs said Klipsch is the only manufacturer in the industry to offer such a broad, unregulated forum for consumers to share information, troubleshoot and sometimes vent."

"We don't edit anything on the Klipsch Bulletin Board, said Jacobs. We leave everything there good and bad. We've received a lot of great feedback from this valuable communications tool. It has resulted in a Klipsch community with an incredibly high level of genuine customer intimacy and positive interaction.

http://www.klipsch.com/news/press.aspx?cid=149&cmd=More&cmd_r= for the full story.

or it this all B***$***?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To tell you the truth....NO, but I really don't care.

If Klipsch, along with the rest the world decide to resort to 'intolerance' let me assure you I can & will deliver my own brand of INTOLERANCE too.

One good turn deserves another!

14.gif

Pop pop pop...

Anyone want to join me with some popcorn?

This might be good 9.gif

All I will say is there are probably limits when it comes to fighting, cussing, etc. - maybe 'good or bad' is 'I hate my new Klipsch speakers' and Klipsch will not delete that, and, look how much we talk about SVS, and how much that undermines Klipsch subs.

I feel like I'm in grade school...like I just witnessed a classroom fight between two classmates that I had no direct contact with, but the whole entire class gets punished and has to serve in detention because we were there in the room when the fight occured!7.gif

----------------

On 3/19/2004 6:44:43 PM dubai2000 wrote:

V-e-r-y annoying, so I won't be able to let you know about the Transcendent SE OTL until Monday
15.gif15.gif15.gif

Wolfram

----------------

Wolfram.

Don't tease about that. You have already got them? Please, Please, Please post about them in general.9.gif

Don't make me wait until Monday.

Well I for one think Klipsch has it about right.Its fine to disagree about avr v seperates,tubes v ss ETC.. but personal attacks and political BS,blatent bashing of anything is over the top.Its not to Klipsch advantage to have this kind of crap on their site.

ridiculous.....respectful and truly open minded dialogue does not require monitoring or controls...but hey, if we act like idiots, let's just threaten Klipsch with our "own brand of intolerance" that'll work....really unbelievable how a few people can be so self-important and righteuos as to screw up a good thing for everyone else....

In the interest of free speech, I discovered that the 2-CH forum may be closed to new posts, but editing of existing posts is still allowed. May I suggest those using offensive language immediately edit their posts!!

As an example, the term "idiot" might be changed to "buddy" and "dumb ***" might be changed to "my cohort."

Group hug tonight at my place. Woo-friggin'-hoo!

Ahhh heck its everyones fault they shut it down there is not one of us that is not guilty of being intolerant at times. The place has turned into a place where all of us have to watch every word we say because some other person with some other idealistic view about whatever subject is at hand will pick it apart and turn it into something other then what it really is a Opinion! We all need to grow up !

I don't really think they shut it down for any one persons actions I think after last weekend they didn't want to come in Monday morning to sort through the mess ! It was pretty bad I'm just glad for once I had the strength to stay out of it for the most part.

Craig

Punish the many for the failures of the few...

Where have I seen this before?...

Oh, yeah: when I was in boot camp!

Well, this approach is really not going to work for an ongoing forum. Therefore, my conclusion is that the thing is possibly on its way out.

I was pondering about the business concepts behind a company-based open internet forum and the actual value gained vs. the expenses incurred. I had assumed that it had to do with the adage that "any publicity is good publicity" - in that it doesn't matter about what is said, good or bad as long as your company (or product)gets named. Whether good or bad, being talked about is always a good thing, and indicates name and product recognition at the very least. It does have market research value, can be used to indicate, anticipate and predict trends in the marketplace, etc., and the demographics of the "users" are provided virtually cost free. It can also provide a unique advertising venue in a cost effective manner.

Whereas I regard certain forum members as immature time-wasters, I do not regard their respective indiscretions as warranting the shutdown. Is this just a slapdown example or beginning of the end?

If the culprit(s) in question cannot be banished (which they can by email address), then there is no workable solution to the problem of "fighting". If the forum software is not capable of doing just that as it is, then there is money required to have it modified to do so. It is, after all, KlipschCO's financial investment.

If it was my system, which would I choose? Depends on whether I want to keep it long-term or not...

DM