Lets see YOUR Home Theater:

Pako

• Moderators

I have been reading about that, I did not say anything because I have no experience with that. [:|]

When I got the Dx from JC he had put in all the settings and i have never changed them. DrWho customized this Dx to adjust for the gain difference from Pro to home electronics and he said all the settings were still set.

One day I will read the rest of the manual and try adjusting a few things just for fun. You can put many different programs in the Dx so i will just use a separate program so I can always just go back to the original if I mess something up.

Wow, Dtel. Nice setup you have there. That's some crazy large speakers but as long as the wife is happy, that's great. It's cool that she loves this as much as you do.

I hope you don't mind but I edited your photo so that others can see your setup a little better. It's just too nice to be sitting in the dark. Big Smile

dtel - that is one amazing system, what you and of course 'dtel's wife' have done to that room looks so nice and cosy.. [Y]

Youthman - good work on the editing, can you change my RF35's to LaScalas [:D]

I will have to say that too. It's a very cozy room and probably would smoke most dedicated rooms.

I have been flamed here for not putting the 'best' speaker over asthetics. At the end of the night I want my wife to be happy, me happy, and guests happy.

I have a 16x22 room but it's just not layed out perfect. My simple quartet, academy and RS-25 setup gets to beyond wife levels much of the time.

Hello fellows... I am not sure if you caught my first postings with the new theater. But I wanted to show a couple different lighting 'scenes' in the theater. So, here is the fully lighted head on shot...

.......Gary

post-23544-13819526542294_thumb.jpg

Thanks djwarila, yes, very happy with the outcome of this room. Its small, but that is what makes it nice, with sound absortion all around, it gets rid of standing waves and stuff like that, makes it also very bass friendly too [:)]

Again, thanks for looking [:)]

.......Gary

• Moderators

looks sick, i wish i had a dedicated room to build a real theater. you should be proud

Exactly

That looks great there are some dedicated room posted here that look better than the rooms they show off in Ht magazines, and I know many here sound better.

I met a man locally who spent over $100,000 on his Ht room, he had some company out of Fla do it. It looked great and had a unbelievable projector, he said $30,000 for the projector. Special " acoustic " carpet, stepped up leather seating for about 15 people. The equipment was all accessed from a door in the hall which was the back of all the components. The ceiling had lighted stars and some would even shoot across the ceiling.

When he was finished showing me the room I wanted to get down to the meat, the HT speakers. I asked so what speakers did you get, he said " I don't know whatever they said " . I asked where are they I want to see them, it went down hill very fast when he moved the very heavy rear curtains to show me in wall speakers which looked like standard 6" in walls. Then we went to the front and he had two speakers I had never heard of that were about the size of maby a Heresy but it had drivers which looked similar to a 2 way Advent speaker, the center was a different brand and was about the size of an Academy.

I was extremely impressed until I was shown the speakers. The whole room was set up for looks and very little for sound, not even a close balance.

I didn't even ask to hear it and didn't say anything to him except the room looked great. He was very happy with it but had know idea what it should or could sound like.

This has nothing to do with anyone here. It just reminds me of that room when I see nice rooms that do sound great.

Hello DTEL..... I always wondered if many that have big $$$$ really know what they are getting?, or, if they have ears to tell the differences? I have been to TWO home theaters now that were being enjoyed UNTIL I arrived... One was a brand new dedicated room, something like my own, but a little rough around the edges here and there. Well, I brought the Narnia because I am familiar with it as a bench mark at my place and was curious to see and hear it in a completely different room. Imagine my surprise when I looked back at the DENON high end reciever and saw the standard Dolby 'matrixed' logo in the display and not even discrete 5.1 !! This poor fellow had 7.1 in speakers, but the back surrounds had NEVER worked!! I pointed this out to him and he was a bit [:$] to learn this to say the least.

I mentioned that my Onkyo and Panasonic BD-55 talk to each other properly and all modes of audio are automatically recognized (as most of us should have this down these days). He quickly brought out his manual for me to look at, and we found the DENON audio modes section, but I didn't have time to get into that with him, but only direct to how it should work.. I have not heard from him since, so I don't know if he ever got it up and running correctly.

Another very good friend of mine in another state called to ask me some questions about his HT livingroom setup. He was watching movies and concerts with Dolby PRO LOGIC in the display and was thinking he was hearing 5.1 (this only last month!). I said something is VERY wrong, and that audio format goes back to the 80ies!! Well, turns out, he never had the DIGITAL coax cable connected from the DVD player!! Only analog R and L channels! No wonder the receiver couldn't switch correctly. Well, that is all fixed for now, but unfortunetly, his BluRay can't be enjoyed fully because his gear including the video is not up to HDMI inputs.... Well, hopefully, that will come down the pike for him in the future as he can afford.

Enough of a rant on my end. I can tell you this. The HT here at my home was built on a shoe string budget and the total cost with the speakers being the ONLY recycled gear was around $5000 This includes those custom made Deco columns built by a contractor, and the removal of walls and a built in closet with intallation of a new ceiling (different contractor) and all the custom made drapes - new LCD screen, receiver and BD player, cables, wiring and equipment rack [:)]

Hope you enjoyed the latest photos, next will some of the 'contruction' photos for you all...

......Gary

tigerman - you know what i think of your system and theatre room and we all love seeing pics - thanks for sharing and I believe you have/can inspire others that they can have this as well if they had the dedicated room and time.

"i'm not going to say wow.. but WOW"

I have not heard from him since, so I don't know if he ever got it up and running correctly

what do they say... no news is good news

he is probably too busy re-watching all his movies in the correct sound format to see what he was missing out on.

Tigerman,

That is one sick room you have...... [Y] [H]

thanks for sharing and I believe you have/can inspire others that they can have this as well if they had the dedicated room and time.

+1000 on that and you show people that it doesn't have to cost an outrages amount of money either.

James

• dtel pinned this topic