Lets see YOUR Home Theater:

Pako

This Denon 4306 is my first serious system in over 25yrs. I got a lot of good use of it as a multichannel and recently set it up as a stereo system with subs. I learned a lot from the installation including a whole new meaning to the phrase "the right tool for the right job"......I will own a professional wire stripping tool before starting my new HT. Regardless, I enjoy building my systems as much as I do listening and the two are forever tied together.

I got the jones real bad for the Denon4810 real bad so its on the next page....The Dark Knight... OK.....I know....a bit much.

post-32935-13819540764148_thumb.jpg

post-32935-13819568005458_thumb.jpg

post-32935-1381956917795_thumb.jpg

The Dark Knight. It got some nice awards in publications which is not to say I didn't experience some buyers remorse which has a lot to do with the learnning curve that goes along with a complicated AVR and Manual that's weak in parts. Also, I haven't set it up in enough space where it can really breath and take advantage of the wide and height channels but I get hints of whats to come in HT with heavy action sequences. The Dynamic Volume and EQ are worth the purchase itself, which by the way was much less than msrp in store at J&R with full warranty.

post-32935-13819540769928_thumb.jpg

post-32935-13819568012418_thumb.jpg

post-32935-13819569183784_thumb.jpg

Yes Duder, you are correct of course.

I'm pretty happy with the speaker wire although I am going purely on their word regarding the sonic quality; physically, I like what I see and feel.

The banana connectors are just awful. Difficult to put together with poor connectivity and most of them wobble like crazy in the recepticle.

Recently Best Buy sold me eight for decent price that have two set screws to hold 12AWG and fit snug in the hole; not massive proportions by any means but they are in my ballpark where I draw the line for what I believe is above the point of diminishing returns.

I'd like to hear comments about any of MPs products specifically or in general. Thanks, Nic

I'd like to hear comments about any of MPs products specifically or in general. Thanks, Nic

My last MP order consisted of 50ft 12awg, a digital optical cable, and a wall mount for my Panny. Everything was right on the money. The cables were inexpensive and did their jobs, as expected. However, I was most impressed with the wall mount. It was VERY solid and once my girlfriend's dad and I got the mount on the wall, it easily could have held my weight (180lbs). Since that day I haven't had one concern about my tv going splat!!!

I enjoy getting a great deal, but was obviously nervous about buying a tv mount from some company I had never heard of, what eased my mind was the 150+ reviews that rounded out to about 4.9/5 stars. When I saw multiple people putting their 60-inch KUROs on the mount, I felt pretty safe putting my 50' Panny on it. Oh, yeah...................it was $24. Needless to say, I love monoprice.com.

Jrod

Okay, I have finished upgrade project #1. I went from:

...an old POS Sony Receiver, Quintet IIIs, Sub-10 to

...Onkyo 807, RF-83, RC-64 and an SVS PB-13 Ultra in only 3 short months!!! I also added LPs to the mix and I am loving those. I kept my Quintet IIIs for surround sound duty and also Front High speakers. Another adition was a Salamander Designs Synergy Signle 30/40 which I absolutely love. A few pics since that is the only thing that matters.

1. Front Setup. My RF-83s, RC-64, custom built center channel stand and my trusty ole' 46" Sony LCD.

DSC01188.jpg

2. Wow, I had no idea this picture was so bad, but this is my Salamander Synergy single 30/40. I'll fix the picture later.

Salamader Synergy Single 30/40

Below is the SVS PB-13 Ultra. If anyone is on the fence for a new sub I will tell you this thing is amazing. I had no idea how much I was missing out on until I hooked this thing up. WOW is all I can say. I'm no expert, but this thing is amazing.

SVS PB-13 Ultra

That's one humongous SUB. Does it break windows?

Below is the SVS PB-13 Ultra. If anyone is on the fence for a new sub I will tell you this thing is amazing. I had no idea how much I was missing out on until I hooked this thing up. WOW is all I can say. I'm no expert, but this thing is amazing.

SVS PB-13 Ultra

Hey there BS... Nice room, kind of a wooden 'tunnel' going on
there [:)] AND, I recognize that light fixture! We have two of them
in our kitchen from Homer Depot [;)]

Thanks for sharing.

HART11B: NICE SVS! And congrats on that Onkyo. I have been on the Onkyo kick for a number of years starting with a 6.1 model a few years back, to a newer TX-606 which powers the current theater. At 90x7 watts, its MORE then enough power. I'm sure you don't go anywhere near you 135 per. !! Still coasting along with my old Velodyne M-1500-r [:)] not the most powerful, but it sure plays LOW and clean.

Take care,

Gary

That tounge and groove looks awesome. These pics are latest incarnation of my HT. Just added the Forte I in place of Heresy II. I think I have found the soundstage I have been searching for a very long time. The sound makes me happy and the wife is starting to come around to the Klipsch magic. I really was not searching for the Forte as I was using the Heresy(aquired last May) for mains(which replaced the RF-25). But I found these locally and could not pass them by for the money(3bills) and the condition(cabinets 9 out of 10-stained covers missing tags on both).

post-36979-13819554490264_thumb.jpg

post-36979-13819569887766_thumb.jpg

Hey there Ohio. Nice find! Sounds like you have a better stereo image then before with the vintage models. Only one thing. Your vid is set in the wrong format! Images should never be 'squashed' on an HD screen!

All from here...

..........G

Ohio, I too just scored some Fortes today, I also had Heresies for my mains. The only thing is I made the mistake of bringing my Cornwalls down for main duty a couple of weeks ago(which I was using for my 2 channel) and my wife ended up liking them. So looks like I need to find another use for the Fortes and some Lascalas for 2 channel. Nice looking setup.

duder

I was wondering the same thing, what looks cheesy? I must have missed something. I have gone back several pages and can't find what he is talking about. Ohiopatriot, were you not happy with your RF25 mains? Or, just found the opportunity for a change? I don't have mine totally set up yet. I am excited to see how they sound all set up in the room.

• Like 1

• dtel pinned this topic