Lets see YOUR Home Theater:

Pako

devildog,

You and I have eerily similar set-ups (check my profile)... I mean it's kinda spooky!

Obviously, I think it looks great!!

PS- Is that a fan on your Onkyo? I know they get warm, as does my Integra. If so, where did you get it/cost?

devildog,

You and I have eerily similar set-ups (check my profile)... I mean it's kinda spooky!

Obviously, I think it looks great!!

PS- Is that a fan on your Onkyo? I know they get warm, as does my Integra. If so, where did you get it/cost?

We sure do have similar set-ups. I originally wanted to get a pair of RF-83s to go with my RC-64 but I was able to snag brand new 82s at $524 for the pair. Even the 82s are extremely loud at nine feet seating distance, I could only imagine the 83s. The only thing I really don't like is the finish of vinyl on the 82s and that real wood veneer on my 64 is so much nicer.

Yes, my Onkyo gets pretty hot and it is a fan. I got it from buyextras.com/cocofankiscs.html and it's the Sony S-flex 120mm ultra quiet fan with a power supply adapter. It's really quiet and plugs right into the back of my receiver.

How about some dopey garage system pictures????

IMG_0393.jpg

25yr old party speakers, anyone???

As viewed from a different angle at a different point in time.....while cleaning. LOL

(a more recent pic)

IMG_1971.jpg

......this is my garage system [:P]

Go bucks!!...great for rocking the 'rage'....just sayin' HEH

Yes, my Onkyo gets pretty hot and it is a fan. I got it from buyextras.com/cocofankiscs.html and it's the Sony S-flex 120mm ultra quiet fan with a power supply adapter. It's really quiet and plugs right into the back of my receiver.

Excellent! Gotta get one of those for my HK. Thanks for sharing.

Very sweet setup ya got there. [Y]

Haha...the old CV D-9's are a hoot and I will probably own them until I die. They survived many-a-keg pary back in the day. Replace the foam surrounds every 15yrs or so, and the speakers work as good/bad as new. As bad as they are in so many ways, I feel a strange attachment to them. IE.......like the attachment 60's car owners have with their cars..... If ya know what I mean...

As for the black dog....I had her put to sleep. Sad but true...she took a bite out of my sons leg and she was done.

25yr old party speakers, anyone???

Oh noooo , I had those same CV's , those things rocked ! Bought them in late 1985 when I still lived with my parents . They survived 4 moves locally and then I took them across country to Phx , Az. . For what I paid for them they where great . When it came time to move back after school they helped finance the trip . Put them in the paper for $300. and they sold the first day . Kinda bittersweet but no room in the car for them on the trip . Then I switched to the darkside and bought Klipsch .

It is the atc-2101 and it is not cheap, i got mine used. I really like the looks of it, looks even better in person. Would love to get my hands on a matching tv stand. Now i have to start planning for the addition of a rc-62 or 64. Eventually everything will get moved into the living room and my other 2 channel will get moved into my bedroom. Well i have 3 (or 4 if i want to move the panther) shelves left on my rack, that has upgraditus written all over it.

• dtel pinned this topic