Lets see YOUR Home Theater:

Pako

how high is your ceiling refhead? ever think of hanging them from up above? I love the looks of the cherry.... I wish they sold rb51ii's in cherry.Super Angry

8ft and I did look at that as an option. Was probably the

biggest reason I never did the rears because I couldn’t make up my mind how I wanted

it. I hate wires and the whole basement is finished so coming up and down would

have been tuff without running wire across at least some part of the celling. I’m

glad I did it this way because having them at a different height level than the

rs-62ii fills that whole area behind me really good. I really like how 5.1

sounds with all four back and side speakers running the surround. Compared to

just the side surrounds. And of course 7.1 is really cool to. I turn my avr to the auto source function

A.F.D (guess it looks for the highest possible source) not sure if it’s running

pro2x or what but they all run all the time when watching TV or blu rays. Unless

it’s just a 2 channel source.

Yes the cherry looks very nice. I was actually surprised how

nice. I love black speakers but these were the ones on sale so I took a chance

that they would look good. [:)]

Reference Head, that is a VERY nice setup. Everything is in just the right place and the best you would want and arrange in that space for 7.1 !

Note: My Onkyo is setup to 'auto detect' the source as well. But I NEVER use any mode that starts with the word 'PRO' it always means it is matrixed or mixed from 'other' channels. Its 'descrete' or bust for me [;)] Goes back to the Pro Logic days of old ....[8-)]

...........Gary

Reference Head, that is a VERY nice setup. Everything is in just the right place and the best you would want and arrange in that space for 7.1 !

...........Gary

I disagree. The speaker placement and seating position are all wrong. I usually would not comment but to suggest this is optimal would be a disservice to the rest of the forum members. I call this the "Happy Meal Syndrome". Quantity over quality.

...........Gary

I disagree. The speaker placement and seating position are all wrong. I usually would not comment but to suggest this is optimal would be a disservice to the rest of the forum members. I call this the "Happy Meal Syndrome". Quantity over quality.

You have my attention. What is the optimal arrangement for that room?

...........Gary

Thanks everyone for the kind words! I’m not sure if the

above post is sarcastic lol but I’m all ears on any advice. [:o] [:D]

...........Gary

I call this the "Happy Meal Syndrome". Quantity over quality.
So you are saying NOT to have any headroom??? You say quanity over quality?? That is plain silly because I see a LOT of quality in his set-up! So I guess my set-up is the same...well I dont like Mcdonalds. Another point is this.... it is HIS system and he is very proud of what he has and he should be, is there a real reason to knock his system?

Posted Image

...........Gary

Thanks everyone for the kind words! I’m not sure if the above post is sarcastic lol but I’m all ears on any advice. SurpriseBig Smile

Perhaps placing the surrounds and HT screen eight foot off the ground along with two chairs in front of your mains would be a more ideal lay-out?[;)]

Here's a link to wescott's room I pulled out of his profile:

http://community.webshots.com/user/jbwestcott

By the way jbw, that room is absolutely stunning![Y]

...........Gary

Thanks everyone for the kind words! I’m not sure if the above post is sarcastic lol but I’m all ears on any advice. SurpriseBig Smile

Perhaps placing the surrounds and HT screen eight foot off the ground along with two chairs in front of your mains would be a more ideal lay-out?Wink

Here's a link to wescott's room I pulled out of his profile:

http://community.webshots.com/user/jbwestcott

By the way jbw, that room is absolutely stunning!Yes

Other than his chairs in front of his speakers and the side

surrounds a few feet higher than mine it’s very close to the same lay out isn’t?

[^o)]

Westcott...... DO NOTE, that I mentioned 'that space' ..... It
is also the 7.1 'spec' position for the speakers. SURROUNDS to the
side (like YOURS) and BACK surrounds to the rear ! My setup is
exactly the same outside of speaker heights such as yours...

Now,
your setup is nice, but again, you are dealing with a LIVINGROOM theater
and NOT a dedicated room such as Mr. Reverence. So you have
conversational chairs in the foreground, and I don't know how you can
see your electronics if you do have IR or a wireless remote system going
there, the room is also SO spacious and outside of the drapes to ONE
side of the room, it looks like you could run all your surrounds in MONO
and still get a decent, natural delay / reverb...

If I were to be critical, those issues would appear 'quirky' to me. Happy Meal Syndrome ?!? [*-)]

..........end of commentary [;)]

Westcott...... DO NOTE, that I mentioned 'that space' ..... It

is also the 7.1 'spec' position for the speakers. SURROUNDS to the

side (like YOURS) and BACK surrounds to the rear ! My setup is

exactly the same outside of speaker heights such as yours...

Now,

your setup is nice, but again, you are dealing with a LIVINGROOM theater

and NOT a dedicated room such as Mr. Reverence. So you have

conversational chairs in the foreground, and I don't know how you can

see your electronics if you do have IR or a wireless remote system going

there, the room is also SO spacious and outside of the drapes to ONE

side of the room, it looks like you could run all your surrounds in MONO

and still get a decent, natural delay / reverb...

If I were to be critical, those issues would appear 'quirky' to me. Happy Meal Syndrome ?!? Confused

..........end of commentary Wink

lol

• dtel pinned this topic