Lets see YOUR Home Theater:

Pako

Here is a pic of my Klipsch Epic CF3 Theater. Truly a pleasure to listen to. The grills are off just so you all know they are Epics. They are on the rest of the time. Lets see I f I can load a pic properly with my Mac.

Very nice! But you like to live dangerously with all those plants on the speakers! Who waters them?

Hey Psg,

The plants have been there for the last 8 years or so without any mishap. I like plants for how they break up the hard edges of the speakers and of course, plants please the eye and add to the rooms feel. Each pot does have some redundant features for a just in case. Thanks for the props on my setup.

no weight problems, they are however to deep of amps so i had to make swiss cheese in the back to allow the cables to run in

Do you have a pic? I noticed the glass shelves were 19" x 19" and the Emotiva's are 19" deep!

i just have the pic i posted a page or 2 earlier that you probably saw, i just used a drill and a spade bit 3/4" i beleive and made a few more holes lining up the back of the cabling where the rca's inputs are, alot of cussing was done when i tried putting the amps in the first time but the solution was easy enough, i think i essentially forgot i was going to need about 21 for clearence space

i just have the pic i posted a page or 2 earlier that you probably saw, i just used a drill and a spade bit 3/4" i beleive and made a few more holes lining up the back of the cabling where the rca's inputs are, alot of cussing was done when i tried putting the amps in the first time but the solution was easy enough, i think i essentially forgot i was going to need about 21 for clearence space

haha....cool..thanks. Yeah, I have been having a hard time finding a reasonable cost A/V stand that also doesn't look cheap at the same time. Thanks for your replies.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, im newly married and this is our first place and I've always had the "5.1 in a box" type of deal, now that we got our own place so I bought a 7.1

Let me know what you think..

46" Samsung LED HDTV

Onkyo Receiver

Klipsch F3 Towers (Left & Right Front)

Klipsch KV-1 Center (Havnt upgraded yet...)

Klipsch SB-20 (Left & Right Surround)

Klipsch SB-20 (Left & Right Rear Surround)

Klipsch Sub-10

Here some pics... (thanks to my wife for decorations)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I used to own f-3's... Liked them alot. They can produce decent base and get loud as well as looking cool. :) Personally I think you should move your side surrounds further back cause it looks like they are firing across in front of the seating position. They should be firing directly at your main seating area. It has been suggested here many times to use the actual surround bipole speakers on the sides as well and not the bookshelves. Especially if the bookshelves are not firing right at the listening position. I also noticed your rear surrounds seem to be at an odd position. Ideally they should be directly behind your seating firing towards the tv. Or if you can't do that then have them facing your seat directly from the sides. Yours seem to be firing towards the center of the room where nobody sits. Just a thought. THX website has a couple different speaker layouts that might help you as well as the dolby website. What model onkyo is that? Your owners manual should have a couple different speaker layout options for you as well, at least mine did. Congrats on leaving the HTIB behind!

Well I'm actually selling the surrounds on the left and right. I'm switching to 5.1 for now.

As for the rears, there's always people sitting on the couch and the love seat, so how do I direct the sound for both?

I just angled them to face in between both. I can put them on the back wall facing back of seats but I felt like sound wasn't heard as much from the love seat in center of the room.

Well I'm actually selling the surrounds on the left and right. I'm switching to 5.1 for now.

As for the rears, there's always people sitting on the couch and the love seat, so how do I direct the sound for both?

I just angled them to face in between both. I can put them on the back wall facing back of seats but I felt like sound wasn't heard as much from the love seat in center of the room.

If anything you want the surrounds to be to the side and
behind you a bit. But if you want to keep them there I would point them toward
the back a little. Looks good though man nice job! We all have room and seating
restraints we deal with. So compromises are made in all are set ups.

Thank you for your knowledge, I'll play with it a bit see what sounds the best. I'll eventually get different speakers. I'll get a set of surrounds instead of bookshelf speakers, I heard it was better for hearing surround sounds all around you especially in a 7.1.

Thanks again!

Congrats TurboGen nice setup!

Thanks man! Looks like your a Reference guy, Im a big fan of the Reference speakers, but since I started with a 3.1 Synergy setup, i quickly added the rest of the setup with more Synergy speakers.. if i could do it again from the start, i'd bought a Reference setup. lol..

BUT.... for the price, i couldnt beat my home setup!! lol..

• dtel pinned this topic