Ray Charles

neo33

Taylor, Ray Charles is parallel to Louis Armstrong. He could sell out stadiums playing jazz, soul, country, American standards, some blues, and some rock n roll. You will gladly learn as you age that there is an infinite amount of music you have never been exposed to that can sing to your soul. Ray was one of the icons that could do it in many genres - and one of the last.

Godspeed, Ray.

Never saw him live but if you watched any tv over the last forty years or so you would have seen him. Every time I saw him a smile would come across my face and I although all only partial to his music I always, instantly felt better. One person I would have truly loved to have met.

I heard a Ray Charles tune on my radio on the way home and thought,thats odd.When I got home wife told me he had passed.Although Ray was not an artist I listened to often he always appeared to be a great guy.He also was a great artist with unique talent and very pleasant to see as well has hear,there won't be another,RIP Ray.

----------------

On 6/10/2004 6:00:07 PM Cut-Throat wrote:

This may be a bit crass, but this was done in the highest respect.

There is a trout fly on the Bighorn river in Montana Called the 'Ray Charles'. Inevitably, when someone asks how it got that name; The fly is so good that even a blind man can catch fish.
9.gif
----------------

Crass? Have you ever seen Rays wife?....neither has he......

tc.