Thumpelstiltskin

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

----------------

On 2/27/2005 4:22:45 PM Colin wrote:

Great deal!

I bought my CWO Cornwall 1s for $500 in the '80s, sold them for $1K in 2001 and bought a pair of '89 AK-2 Khorns for $1K = net cost, zereo!

(but the ALK crossovers I want cost over a grand!)

----------------

am i missing something here ?

Thank you one and all. I blush at the comments.

These will need some work, certainly. I'll give you a report.

Best,

Gil

Incidentally I am going to brag about something else. I did the Hustle Up the Hancock this afternoon. It's a charity event. 94 floors in the stairwell. About 3500 people do it. They are started at 8 second intervals. So the event goes on for a long time. I don't have my time, yet. I did it in 29 minutes last year. Maybe I cut that to 28.9 minutes this time. The young Turks do it in 15.

Wow,so much agreement on the Klipsch forum,in this case it is only fitting,great score for Gil.I saw these as soon as Thumpel(thanks also for heads up) posted and just knew a forum member was gonna score a deal.It may be that a little work will be involved but when its all said and done its gonna be well worth it,congrats.

This didn't quite work out.

You fellows should watch e-bay for a re posting.

Let me say I have no concern about the seller or what he is advertising. I didn't see them in person. I did advise he could get a lot more for them. This would be fair and conscience free for all concerned.

Gil

Did we jump the gun on posting about this 'sale' and congratulations, with a seller who may have been lurking? Would hate to think that bro Forum members may have possibly had something to do with this falling through.

Is seller nowasking for more moola?

Micahel

----------------

On 3/1/2005 11:38:48 PM William F. Gil McDermott wrote:

This didn't quite work out.

You fellows should watch e-bay for a re posting.

Let me say I have no concern about the seller or what he is advertising. I didn't see them in person. I did advise he could get a lot more for them. This would be fair and conscience free for all concerned.

Gil

----------------

Uh guys, maybe I see this differently. I think Gil, being the stand up guy that he is, told him what they were really worth, and gave him an out.

If you loved Gil before, you gotta LOVE him now.

Way to go, Gil. You are the man.