Music for When You Want Them to Leave

thebes

So you got some people hanging around, or worst yet, hungry relatives.

It's 3 AM, you've got your arm arond your girl and it's time to snuggle down, but your best firend is still their and wants to talk about golf, or all things.

You're dating twins and their so-called "Unlce Fred" shows up with his flashy new sports car, a case of Dom, and wants to spend "quality time" with his favorite neices.

I don't know about you but the last one happens to me all the time.

So how do you get them out of the joint? Do you have a "special" record "they just have to hear" that will send them screaming ofr the exits in 20 seconds flat?

My own favorite is a really dreadfull LP that features some "50's lounge lizard doofesses singing Moddy Blues song. It's like having Hugh Hefner and Ricardo Montabalm in the same room with you. Works every time.

So what do you do to drive them away?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

----------------

On 4/8/2005 7:22:52 PM yaffstone wrote:

Dark Star by the Grateful Dead. If they stay and listen, they're harmless, you and your girl can do what you please. If they are generally anoying, they will be annoyed and run away!

----------------

Even worse, a 45 minute version of Pigpen singing Lovelight or In The Midnight Hour followed by drums and space.14.gif

It's seems I've struck a chord, or at least an off-key note. I'm laughing too hard to type.

I also like to put on Rocky 3 (?) "Eye of the Tiger" at really loud volume.

I quarantee you that everybody on this board has used music to chase folks away at one time or another.

So what are you waiting for?

----------------

On 4/8/2005 8:55:27 PM William F. Gil McDermott wrote:

Bagpipes might do it.

Q.: Why are bagpipers always marching?

A.: To get away from the annoying sound.

Smile

Gil

----------------

Huh....and I always figured it was to keep there "weenies" warm! 9.gif But, I think your answer is more plausible! 2.gif

Hmmm...I'll bet bagpipers playing 'I want your money' would be even WORSE! 6.gif

When bag pipers are asked what they have under their kilts they say "under where?" The older ones say, "Depends".

There was a complicated joke about the bagpipe and the octipus on the first date.

I've run out of jokes.

Gil