It's Finally Over!!!

garymd

My daughter graduated from high school today and my son graduated from college last week. To celebrate these two events, we threw a party at the house where about 75 of our closest friends (but mostly relatives) came to eat, drink, socialize, and most of all, give my kids lots of money!

We've been working on the house non-stop for about 2 months. Except for the storm we had about 3 hours prior to the party, everything went as planned or better. My daughter and her friends are still here, some spending the night.

The heresys finally got a workout too. I unhooked the khorns and ran the heresys outside. They sounded spectacular. To top things off, the neighbors shot off fireworks at about 10:00. Not just the little ones either!

Most of all, I'm glad it's over and I can resume a normal life again. We're so proud of what they've both accomplished these last four years and if you've made it this far, thanks for letting me share. I think I'll go pass out now.5.gif

Sweet, Gary! I'm on the other side of the arc, so to speak. I felt like throwing a party the other day when Miles said "Yogurt" clear as day. I guees I'm in between as well, though. My folks just had their last household sale today, so they can move down to Florida. I'd better teach my dad how to swing a golf club, or mom'll put him in the ground before his time...

Anyway, my heartfelt best to you and yours.

Yep I graduated my 2 daughters Friday night. One is going off to UC Monterey to become a marine biologist and the other is going to our community college.My oldest daughter will be 22 in a couple of months and my oldest son is finishing up his 2nd year at UC Davis. He is studying to be an aeronautical engineer.

Thats 4 down and 2 to go still.2.gif

Congrats, Gary!

I've got eight......4 twins - all adopted (compliments of the Greater Hope Youth authority). All my kids graduated already.....they are all in thier late 20's and 30's, and enjoying life after college.

All attended McIntosh University (Binghampton, New York) on satellite programs. One set of twins got their Masters in Binghampton, as well (M.C., M.X.)...the others went to Krell U for post graduate ed.

We have considered adopting another set of twins.....maybe they will become "Road Scalas" someday.

9.gif

Sounds like a hint of sadness and a lot of relief! I can just imagine the fun you had setting up the Klipsch outside. Your wife was probably bugging you to do something productive(in her mind) like setting table cloths or moving chairs around. "Not now honey. I've got some speakers to set up!"

Congratulations to Gary, and anyone else with graduating children. It doesn't just happen, parents are in there full time doing a lot of hard and stressful work (as are the children). It sure is nice when such milestones are reached.

Leo