Have you ever met a famous person?

sputnik

----------------

On 6/8/2005 11:37:26 AM fini wrote:

picky,

Charro is cool, man! I saw her, I think, in Reno one time. Great show. Once on Carson, she came out riding a donkey. Johnny helped her down, and back at the desk she asked, "You like my ***?" My kinda gal, for sure!

I worked on Robert Redford's mom's house in Tiburon, building a "granny unit" for the caregiver. Bobby (as we like to call him
2.gif
) was in town, and stopped by to check things out. He even helped us carry an old sofa down a stairwell. To be honest, he was not much help.

Later, we asked him if he'd mind a photo. He said "Sure, no problem, you want an 8X10 head shot?" I said "No," handing him the camera,"I'd like you to take a picture of me and Tim (my boss)." Bob (as I like to call him now) says, "Oh, OK." and starts fumbling with the camera. I laughed and told him I was just kidding, we'd like a shot each of him with us. You know, something for his office wall.

"<a
http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/files/Me_N_Bobby.jpg">

I've also run into Willie Mays at the airport (I have a great shot of my Mom with Willie around here somewhere), was inches away from Sophia Loren when I was 7 years old, Put in the kitchen for Huey Lewis drummer Bill Gibson, and met an extremely drunk (but friendly) Chill Wills on the streets on Vegas about 35 years ago.

----------------

Fini,

Who's the Fiddler On The Roof guy standing next to Redford?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was a bellman at the Marriott Hotel in Syracuse in '80-'81. Met many celebrities who came for performances in Syracuse:

Rolling Stones: Mick and Charlie

Rossington Collins Band: all, took their picture out in the snow for them

Phil Collins

Kinks

Last spring vacationing in Destin, Fl. met Peyton Manning and family (Archie + mom, no Eli) in a resort bar, spent most of the night watching him blow off all the girls. They were all over him pretty much in line to see him, but he behaved.

Flew from Paris to Atlanta sitting next to Jane Fonda the whole way in business class last September. She was on her way home from a good will tour. She speaks perfect french, and although old, is still in great shape. Shame on me for checking her out several times during the trip while she was asleep.6.gif

Gary, you dawg, you met Phil11.gif

Guest Anonymous

Well, I have met same famous buisness men that probably no one has ever heard of being that they are millionare/billionare investors. Polly is probably the richest man I know, he imports baby cribs from Italy and such places. If you look on just about any baby crib you will find "polly cribs" written some where. Actually my parents were lucky enough to stay in his castle in Italy for a week by themselves. It was huge and it had an amazing wine vinyard.

I also know Clancy Malloy he is a millionare accountant that owns CM Malloy in Chicago.

Morris - The guy who wrote the "zoom zoom" song for mazda.....

Billy Corrigan (smashing pumpkins) - His family lives less than 3 miles away from me. He is a wierd guy to say the least.....

Guermo Diaz - The guy from half baked that says "f-you, f-you, your cool, I'm out" I spent a weekend with him at a party in Wisconsin.

There have been a few others, but my mind is empty right now....

Best,

George

Add:

Gordie Howe

Jacques DeMer

JFK

RFK

Luke Easter

Joe Altobelli

Bill and Hillary

Jacques Cloutier

Darryl Gates

Mitch Miller

But all of us are famous and special in our own way. Because many people do not know our names, that does not diminish our own contributions.

I've emailed with many members of the Forum, talked with people at Klipsch - Hope and Indy. Emailed with Allan Songer - famous in his own right. And a great person.

If you took my lists away and just included the People I call Friend, and include those who are doing something special for me. I know some very famous people.

Some very great people have done things that made me look good, when they did all of the work - Audible Nectar and Gilbert with Timmikid's MC-30s. I read emails from Audible.

So I feel Blessed for the "Named" People I have met, but moreso the really famous, to me - Daddy Dee, Silversport, Dr. Bill, Jennie C. Pam, Clueless, Fini, Picky, Amy, some of the "Named."

My little take, carry on.

12.gif3.gif1.gif2.gif

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 6/8/2005 4:44:02 PM dodger wrote:

Add:

Gordie Howe

----------------

Gordie Who?

Now we are talking!

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 6/8/2005 10:44:03 AM Amy Unger wrote:

How about is anyone related to a famous person?

My dad's cousin's wife's cousin is Cameron Diaz. Never met her though
9.gif

----------------

.....well, famous in the NCAA and NHL hockey world.

My avatar is a picture of my GOD-Son/Nephew who plays on the SanJose Sharks. Well he did a season ago and if the players and owners get their act together, he will play next year also. (Last year was his rookie year and he won the honor of SanJose Shark "Rookie of the Year.")

----------------

On 6/8/2005 7:48:26 PM No NHL ! ?? wrote:

----------------

On 6/8/2005 4:44:02 PM dodger wrote:

Add:

Gordie Howe

----------------

Gordie Who?

Now we are talking!

----------------

Hey I already Mentioned Wayne and Keith Gretzky, Grant Fuhr, Jacques DeMers (Coach), Jacques Cloutier (Avalanche Assistant Coach - used to be our GoalTender,

But We can add Rory Fitzpatrick, Marty Reasoner, Al Arbour, John VanBoxmeer, Glenn Sather, John Schoenfeld, Martin Biron, The Dominator, John Tortellini (sp?), Mike Keenan.

Also Brian Gionta, Erik Rasmussen, Scotty Bowman, Rob Ray, Muhammed Ali, Elvis Costello, Olaf Kolzig, Norman Inkster (former Supt. RCMP), Colm Wilkinson - a number of others.

cool thread...

i actually met arnold swarchenegger today at the convention center....

jamie foxx a few years ago at the memorial auditorium..when he was on tour doing stand up...

chris webber at the game....pf changs with tyra...and once drove right next to him on the freeway...(he probably thought i was stalking him)

and john ritter and his family in maui at a thai restaurant a couple of months before he passed...

I've met:

Prince Charles and Lady Di: they visited my university for its 150th anniversary and I shook his hand as they walked along through the campus.

David Duchovny: on a street in Toronto.

Night Ranger: yes, as in "Sister Christian." The band was staying at the same hotel as my family when we were vacationing in Florida. My brother and I went to the arcade and they were playing games in there. My brother ran back to the hotel room, got a guitar magazine b/c they were on the cover, and got them to sign it. Currently residing in the where are they now file ...

Roddy Piper: staying in same hotel.

Tony Bennett: walking around a hotel (he's about 5'1"!).

The Harlem Globetrotters. When I was younger I remember I played a little basketball with them. That's a trip remember them on Scooby doo? Curly, and the guys. I slammed dunked a basketball in grade school with the assistence of a globetrotter. Ha ha ha that is so hard to believe it even happened.

As a young fini, I met Jimmy Dodd and cartoonist Roy Williams at Disneyland. I met Sky King in Mt. Shasta. I shook hands (paws) with Yogi Bear and Huckleberry Hound at the 1964 Seattle World's Fair. Ah, all my TV heroes...