September 11th, 2001

J M O N

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is certainly a tragic time in our counrty. I urge you to do whatever you can (giving blood, money, or time) to help out our fellow countrymen. This is the best country in the world and I am sure we will survive this.

I hope we unlease hell on whomever is responsilbe for this act.

------------------

FOR SALE OR TRADE COMPLETE R*3 SYSTEM FOR 3 HERESY'S

Main System -

Cornwalls (L/R main)

RC-3

RS-3's (white)

SVS 20-39CS

Harman Kardon AVR 510

Hafler P505 (running sub)

ProMedia 4.2 v400 for PC

An incomprehensible horror. It certainly trivializes most of the things we worry about. Maybe it will help us all be more patient, compassionate, and helpful to each other (speaking generally, of course -- the folks on this forum already seem to be that way). I echo eq_'s comment -- it will be too easy to sit and watch. Let's not this time -- do something.

DD2

The best way to "do something" is to continue to live life the way we have come to appreciate in the US of A. We will be facing increased security, with its accompanying restrictions, in the way we travel about this country, particularly by air, which I, personally, will welcome, but if we allow the acts of the 11th to fundamentally alter the freedoms and open communities upon which this country is based then we will be handing an additional victory to the zealots who orchestrated these attacks.

------------------

Music is art

Audio is engineering

I hope that Bush Jr. takes a page or two from his father's war handbook. Re-writing the last lines of the objective to be accomplished of course. That is not to liberate a country but to remove this defective human from the gene pool.

Go 101st Airborne!!

------------------

Tom

KLF-20 Mahogany

McIntosh C33

McIntosh MVP-841

Rotel RB-1080

Yamaha PF-800 Turntable/ Sure V15 Type V Cartridge

Ortofon VMS-30 mkII Cartridge

Stanton 999SS Cartridge

Yamaha K-1020 Cassette

dbx 1231 EQ

H.H. Scott 830z Analyzer

Monster Interlink 400mk II

Monster Interlink 300mk II

Monster Video 2 (DVD to TV)

Studio Tech U-48RW Cabinet

Monster Power HTS-5000

Original 12ga. Monster Cable

Enough empty boxes for a fire hazard!

This message has been edited by tblasing on 09-20-2001 at 12:36 PM

I fully condemn this attack made to your country. These kind of actions can not be allowed anymore. And I fully agree that the responsibles of this attack should be severely punished.

From Mexico, I join to your sorrow, and I would like to express, from my heart and soul, my sincere condolences to you all.

These terrorists had the best laid plans--a plan that accomplished as much as they could have hoped for. As such, I feel world views of terrorism are to change forever. I forsee a complete lack of tolerance now.

I would never have believed that Russia would come forth and stand with the USA! These people will suffer severe reprocussions and they will not be the only ones.

Prayers for all who have lost in this.

I was on the campus of Illinois Institute of Technology when this all happen. Watching an early video tape about communication theory. Because of the hour, I was totally oblivious. Perhaps this is why no one was around.

IIT is a magnificent place in many ways. People from many countries and many faiths come to study, and teach technology. Very good people.

I'd like to point out that the attack has nothing to do with true nationality or religion.

Rather, it is an effort to undermine efforts by people of all faiths and nationalities to build a better world. The perps obviously have a pathology not shared by any but themselves.

Gil

I convey my condolences to Americans.

During this ordeal that all peace-loving people are subject to now, it is slightly comforting to see that most of the countries have rallied around to support. We have a huge task ahead and I hope we accomplish it soon.

Ganesh

It's difficult to know what to say. I'm still in shock and disbelief. I feel sorrow for the victims and anger at the perpetrators. It IS time the U.S. starts kicking somebody's butt and I'm not sure we should care about "collateral damage"; the terrorists didn't.

Pray for the souls of the dead and families and rescue workers.

John

I have been struggling the past few days to find the word or words to describe my state of mind and that of my friends and co-workers. I struggle for understanding and comprehension. How can people hate us to such a degree? What did we do? I struggle with a desire to "do something", both to fix it and to kick someone's a** so hard they have to open their mouth to relieve themselves. Make no mistake, I am not on board with what has happened, the methods, or the reasons. Nevertheless, I am trying to understand. Sort of like Jules talking with Ringo in Pulp Fiction, I guess.

In some form the terrorists are saying that I (and by extension the United States) must take responsibilty (and accept the consequences) for my actions. Okay, lets look at that. As I do so, I find I have become so cynical of the political and media establishments that I am not sure I can honestly evaluate if the many self-proclaimed aggrieved peoples of the world truly have a legitimate grievance with me or my country. This is the beginning of the slippery slope, as I see it. I am not talking about the current crisis, but over the years my own eroding lack of faith or belief in our political processes and information channels has left me unable to really participate in our democracy, to advocate and promote almost any act with any kind of conviction that it would be unconditionally constructive.

And beyond the notion of giving blood and "supporting our President", I have identified one thing I can do as a US citizen. I am going to become more politically aware and I am going to get more involved in understanding and holding our media accountable for the accuracy and independence of its reporting. I am not sure yet what forms this will take but once I began to think about it, I realized there are thousands of Americans already active in these areas of societal responsibility.

Thanks for letting me vent here.

The scumbags who planned and attacked Washington and New York refer to the U.S. as the great Satan, maybe we should live up to that reputation. I'm still stunned from the events of that day, from the attacks, to the unbelievably short time in which the Towers collapsed, from the orderly evacuation marches of vast amounts of people across the Manhattan bridge without a hint of panic, to the lines of people that formed around 2 city blocks within hours of the attack to donate blood, to my co-workers of the NYPD who put their jobs first and concerns for their families safety second, to the Firemen with the "thousand yard stare" covered in the grayish white dust that seems to be everywhere. Proud to be a New Yorker.

JJT

The images of the planes crashing in the World Trade Center twin towers made me sick.US civilian planes used like Kamikaze crafts!Crashed in cold blood to cause maximum damage!

The organisers were NOT aboard the doomed planes,the organisers are simple COWARDS of the lowest kind.They dont even deserve to be treated like humans.

I seriously think Bin Laden is part of this but NOT alone,a dictator and madman who ordered his troops to set oil wells of fire could very well be the mastermind

behind all this!He has shown to be capable of monster destruction and send even his own to the death!

The US should take the microscope and comb his case,I am sure they will find some evidence.

TheEAR(s) Now theears

In the shadow of this week's horror, I wanted to offer a favorite quote ....

On Feb. 14, 1990, the Voyager 1 spacecraft pointed back toward the sun and took a series of pictures of the sun and the planets, making the first ever 'portrait' of our solar system as seen from the outside. The Earth, some 4 billion miles distant, appeared as just a few pixels -- a "Pale Blue Dot". In his book of the same name, astronomer Carl Sagan had this to say about this unique view of our home world:

"We succeeded in taking that picture , and, if you look at it, you see a dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever lived, lived out their lives. The aggregate of all our joys and sufferings, thousands of confident religions, ideologies and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilizations, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every hopeful child, every mother and father, every inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every superstar, every supreme leader, every saint and sinner in the history of our species, lived there on a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam.

The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot. Think of the endless cruelties visited by the inhabitants of one corner of the dot on scarcely distinguishable inhabitants of some other corner of the dot. How frequent their misunderstandings, how eager they are to kill one another, how fervent their hatreds. Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the universe, are challenged by this point of pale light.

Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity -- in all this vastness -- there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. It is up to us. To my mind, there is perhaps no better demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world. To me, it underscores our responsibility to deal more kindly and compassionately with one another and to preserve and cherish that pale blue dot, the only home we've ever known."