Our good friend Daddy Dee is in the hospital!

fini

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just thinking the other day that the forum was a bit slow in traffic for autumn......people having trouble selling gear, and not as many newbies flowing through here for this time of year as would be expected......and generally speaking, a bit "quiet".

Then we get these two threads, which crushed my theory. This was not the way I was hoping to see an increase in traffic......

But I must say I am glad to read some news of improvement and encouragement. Get well soon, DaddyDee[:)]

I just received word from Jan:

"Last night around 7:00 they found a blood clot on his lung - so they will be able to use medication to dissolve it. He'll need to be on oxygen, but I am relieved that it looks like we won't have to go the route of invasive heart procedures."

Sounds like good news to me! They are expecting him to return home sometime next week. Don't let up on the thoughts and prayers for Dee!!

I'm not sure if Jan has visited the forum, and printed-out this thread, but I did pass on the incredible outpouring of love and concern from you all in my reply to her this AM. Tony, Jan was happy you and your wife got over to see him. Thanks!

My wife and I went by the hospital to see Dee (and his wife, Jan) yesterday evening. I'm happy to report that he is doing well. He's getting plenty of rest, which is well deserved. There are some tests that will be done, just to be on the safe side.

We talked all things Klipsch, tubes and the BB. He misses the BB and can't wait to get back. Our friend is doing well, but keep sending those prayers up. I'll update as soon as I hear anything.

Tony

Wonderful news, Tony! Thanks for keeping us all up-to-date. Hmmm......I wonder if we could sneak a laptop with Wi-Fi and a ProMedia system into his room to tide him over until he comes home??? [;)] Get better soon, Daddy!

Wonderful news, Tony! Thanks for keeping us all up-to-date. Hmmm......I wonder if we could sneak a laptop with Wi-Fi and a ProMedia system into his room to tide him over until he comes home??? [;)] Get better soon, Daddy!

We talked about getting him back on the BB, but the hospital doesn't have Wi-Fi. As much as I'd like to see him back on the BB, he needs his rest.

Tony

Has anybody heard about the source for that embolism? Pulmonary embolisms occur when a clot comes from the veinous vasculature in the body. They break away from where ever they initiate flow back through the major veins then through the heart and stick in the capillary beds in the lungs. This is what you have heard as DVT which is "Deep Veinous Thrombosis". They can be from just about anywhere including the heart itself. Usually they occur in the legs. Daddy Dee fired one up somewhere and will probably be on anti-coagulation therapy for a while. All in all a lot less scary than some alternatives but still something that can do a person in a NY minute.

I blame it all on Julie Heart Klipsch, or the latest SET debate, or

conversly it could have been all those lovey dovey "nice Guy" threads

going on around here lately![:D]

Dee glad to hear you are doing well and just need some rest. As a

firm believer in rest (sure some people who know me call it sheer

lazinees, but that's just parsing words if you ask me) I'm solidly in

your doctor's corner on this one. So take a snooze, then wake up

and take a nap, then lie down and get some sleep. Repeat

often.

Then head off to a tropical paradise, erect a nice cloth hammock

between two trees. Run a string to a third tree so you can gently

rock youself to sleep. Then plan a fishing trip but don't bring

the bait. Lay down by a warm riverbed, but a bobber put no hook

on the pole, nod your head gently forward.....