Another dramatic life event� :(

formica

since you guys have become an integral part of my life... i had to post this.

After 6-1/2years with my luv, she has decided to call it quits... and

left me this morning. Ironically she still thinks I'm a great guy, but

feels the time has come to start a new chapter guided "by the North

wind"...

With the death of my dad in march followed by this... I'll think

I'll be taking a little break from here, as I try to pick up my pieces.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh man! I'm so incredibly sorry to hear this. Was this your wife or girlfriend? Did you see this coming or was this out of the blue? Any chance of working things out?

Very sorry to hear this man. Heartbreak is always a tough to deal with.

Really sorry to hear about this ... Nothing I can say to help with the hurt of a breakup.

Hurt upon hurt, your dad and her ... That is really hard ... I hope she's sensitive to this. I can say, however, it is during the difficult stretches that you find out who your "real partner" is ... You're a cool guy (based on a lunch [;)]), you'll do fine in the long run, I'm sure.

I've been through a divorce. Trust me, better now than then.

God Speed.

Chris

Formica,

Man, I am so sorry to hear this. You have had alot of loss to deal with.

Well, she is right about one thing, you are a great guy.

Keep hanging in there. When you can hang out here there are lots of folks who are glad to see you.

Women, cant live with them cant have sex with out them. Well actually you can, its called masturbation. Anyway I digress, sorry to hear about your situation, it sucks now but things will be better in 6 months. Renew your local gym membership; exercise is a constructive form of grieving and occupying time that was occupied by your former relationship.

Sorry to hear,and I know its a bummer but you never know what good thing may be instore for ya further on up the road.You know the old saying,set it free and if it don't return it weren't yours anyway.Just a short story,long ago I had a girlfriend,she needed space and all that bs.She got her space and I got the best woman I could have ever hoped to find shortly after and its been more than great for 30+years.When I think back to what a tragedy it may have been to be w/someone that was not compatible and missed out,I feel so lucky she needed the space.

When my dad died on the way to the funeral I listened to Foghat,When I Was Stone Blue,Rock n Roll Sure Helped Me Through.Good Luck and I hope life has somethin'good waitin' for ya.

I've gone through it myself and it's devastating.

I feel your pian and hope for the best for you.

In actual fact though it might be better for you to stick around, a

little distraction and a little fun may help get you through this, and

it will certainly give you a little less time to brood.

Good luck,

Marty

In actual fact though it might be better for you to stick around, a little distraction and a little fun may help get you through this, and it will certainly give you a little less time to brood.

Good luck,

Marty

I would say Thebes has good advice here.

I've gone through it myself and it's devastating.

I feel your pian and hope for the best for you.

In actual fact though it might be better for you to stick around, a little distraction and a little fun may help get you through this, and it will certainly give you a little less time to brood.

Good luck,

Marty

He has a good point, if I were to divorce again I would probably find this place relaxing.

Join the crowd Bud...my wife filed on me 12/01/04 and we still haven't went to trial yet.I stay busy doing stuff.I sell guns at all the gun shows.Shoot guns at the local pistol range and do a lotta reloading,,lots in fact.I shoot maybe 600 rds twice a week...But before anyone thinks Im practiceing for something I will regret,,,don't worry.I just like fine pieces of machinery.That's why I'm a Klipsch listener.I shoot Colts that cost as much as a pair of KlipschHorns would cost.In my younger days I could hit a fly at 10 feet with a pellet gun,,but now at 49,I can only hit a 2 inch pattern at 25 yds with a 45.My other hobby is my 69 Mustang Mach 1,and this weekend is the MidAmerica Shelby meet,,Im raceing,and showing and buying parts and just hanging out with guys who like Hi-Po Fords

I'm sure you'll hear all types of advice,but remember you only hear the advice from guys,,who lost.If there's kids involved you will lose.If not then you got as much a chanch as she has of comeing out ahead.All divorces are different,but don't feel sorry for her.Not even for a minute.She's now the enemy,,,don't let your guard down for her at any time,,she isn't , I betcha.You're fighting her lawyer more then anything else.She's just going along for the ride and all the promises he's giveing her,,like they'll take you to the cleaners and she's much better off without him (you)..They keep you fighting till everything is gone,,my advice is go to trial.They hate that,because that means they won't be able to milk you outa all your money and they get their new car paid off.It's gonna be expensive too.I've spent close to $6,000 and haven't went to trial.Hopefully I'll sneak in at under 10 grand,,which is about how long I was married.

Formica,

Sorry to hear man. I had a pretty serious 8 year gf leave me a while back. I understand what you're feeling. Sometimes a break from here is an okay thing, heaven knows I've had my share of ups and downs and had to make time to clear my head. So be at peace, and take care of yourself.

We will always be here for you man. Just say the word and I'm sure your Klipsch Brethren would do about anything to help you out. Be careful and don't isolate- it's not good for the soul.

Peace,

Michael

This is actually the second time i lived through this as I had

gotten married when I graduated from school. Shortly after she

left me for someone else... I met Isabelle... this second

one. I believed this one was better than all that, and I was not

ready to live through this again... but are we ever "ready"?

Somehow my heart keeps blaming myself for so many minute details I

should have done differently... even though my mind knows she is the

one responsible for the decision. She seemed very convinced of it

to boot.

Loosing a loved one, unfortunately, doesn't get easier with experience...

I'm honestly I little numbed by all this.

ROb

PS: Although we've been living together now for those 6-1/2 years... we

were not actually married as I've kinda lost "faith" in the ceremony.

Given our values, I don't really think it really made a difference

though...

I'm really sorry to hear this Rob. Like others have said, maybe it's for the best but only you can decide if that's the case. Anyway, good thoughts will be coming your way from the east coast. Keep on smilin pal.

Get your head clear and come back when you're ready. We'll be waiting........as always.

Yup, been there recently. Sad and painful. Working out helped me a lot and cycling. I must be feeling a little better now, because I have gained more than a few pounds. I decided to give myself a few presents. I have Khorns now! [:D]

I had that strange sensation when I was at my lowest, I realised how much alive I still was, I never thought I was capable of feeling so much grief and in a strange way that gave me hope that one time, sooner or later, I could fall in love again and be capable of feeling this much again for someone else.

Take care man and watch yourself.