Michael's Truck

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great score, Michael! Do you feel as though you've graduated, that you're a member of an elite group? You are! I'm a little disturbed, though, that you have said that you might get rid of them!! What, just because they don't fit in your room?? Hell, build a new room out of all the other Klipsch speakers you've got! Better yet (and this might actually work), host a room addition building party! From the shots I've seen of your spread, you've got enough room! Heck, Artto and Gilbert can design it, and there are plenty of wood butchers who'll show up!! Count me in!!

Congratulations, my friend!

• Moderators

Mike,

With a score like that, it almost make up for getting dealt out of Hope this year. At least you will be having fun getting those set up and dialed in. Are you going to stay with those cross-overs or try something new right off the bat?

When are you going to be selling off your LS Stacks?[;)]

Enjoy!

Travis

CP1 << I like the new aka....

Wooo hooo.. Michael finally has K horns!!!!

His gallery room, (has wooden floors plaster walls, no curtains, and flat ceilings) Is a perfect match for mid SPL listening levels at most, for his K horns. Amazingly, and were not lying here either, The k horns had tremendous bass as well, even out in the room? I can only imagine back on the long walls how it will fill up that room... Wooo hoooooo.

Get this too..... 1/2 of CP1 was I can't believe he bought these, the other half was are you sure there is this much difference in K horns? I just smiled.. I wanted the speakers to "sound off" for themselves.. I keept on telling him over n over again, Michael... you are gonna LOVE these.... he kept saying are you sure? Why would there be THAT much difference??? Again, let the sound tell you CP1!!

Guys... a little dust, the crossovers, drivers, everything looked brand new, The cabinets... who is he kidding? They are a 9.0 - 9.5, just a little moisture back in them is needed... and OMG the sound.. I think it is the only time he has smiled and has been speachless since I have known him his whole life.. hahahahahahahah

BTW, I bought your "Grippers" from WalMart for the bottoms Michael. The HK and K horns are a terrific match in the Gallery. And if you do not like em, I have first dibbs, sorry Klipsch forum room!! heheheh I have a feeling Michael is NEVER gonna get rid of these.. A GREAT SCORE!!!!

I, for one, could not be happier for you!

The problem is, this is the only room in my house large enough to house the Khorns. I'll live with them a while and see how I feel about them. If it doens't work out, I guess I'll have to pass them on to someone else.

Michael

Good God Man, no one ever sells their Klipschorns!

You have now entered a world where there is no turning back. These cabinets will be with you for the rest of your life.

Seriously - congratulations Michael. I know you will enjoy them.

Good luck,

-Tom

Colter,

Nice K Horns. King of the hill, can't go wrong. Congrats.

What are you doing for crossovers? I have someone deciding if he wants these but I have my ALK's for sale for the ridiculously low price of $550 plush shipping. You may remember these. They are designed to go outside of the cabinet.

Chris

post-10861-13819298687092_thumb.jpg

Michael, good speakers are like a well lived-in house. Both have been around the block a few tmes, been the giver and recipient of much love and joy, and having learned how to do so, can continue on with another happy owner for years to come.

It's strange to sense a set of speakers standing on a floor can reach out, caress you, and convince you to take them home like a svelte brunette wearing a little black dress in a cocktail bar. Now it's time for Fini to break out the Human League synth run...[;)]

So where are you going to put them? I don't understand your comment about one room being the only room they fit in? I thought you had 30+ pairs of LaScalas, Cornwalls, etc. all in use. Can't you sell off or move something?

Do you like them? Be honest.

Michael,

It's better to sell your house and buy a new one than to sell your K-Horns! If you do decide for some unbelievable reason to sell them, can I get first dibs?

Now, go load those K's back into the truck and cancel all your plans for next weekend. We need you and the K's at the farmhouse in Hope.

Congrats, brother!!

Guys, I just moved here two years ago! With, (can you believe this) ONE pair of CW's!

This entire collection has been accumulated withint two year's time.

A major problem with the house is that there are only two BIG rooms. The Hearth Room currently houses the LS/CW system. The Gallery (was the formal Living Room) has no speakers currently. I think I can fit the khorns in there. I do have the hot water radient baseboard heaters, so at least one speaker will not fit closely to the wall.

And I was just kidding about selling them. So back off BSButton!

Roger- you saw me smile like this last month when we fired up the THX subs, remember the BREEZE???

Michael