Uh-Uh, we've been outed.

3dzapper

Here's another one of those (add country music theme) "My man's speakers are too big" threads on another forum. I learned a lot about large speakers. I wonder what cindy would think of my Khorns, Belles, Corns, Heresys, KG-4.5s and a LaScala? Not to mention 8 open tube amps in sight.[:$]

http://forums.audioreview.com/showthread.php?t=19018

Have fun!!!

Rick

Is anybody a member there? I don't want to bother signing up just to make one post. Someone needs to tell Cindy to read up on Paul W. Klipsch. Mention that those speakers are unique, have character and are wonderful conversation starters. When she's entertaining friends, they will marvel at those "enourmous" speakers and she can go into the story of PWK, his life, how they still sell designs very similar to his original designs. They are so much more interesting and romantic than a pair of Paradigms. They are not just speakers, but works of art. Man I could land that chick and she'd be asking me to buy more Klipsch.

No Rick, you're outed. You've been hanging around other forums on the QT.

When you're at those places do you wear a trenchcoat with cut-off pant-legs held on by rubber bands?

Say missy, come here, I've got something to show you.

When we bought our house my wife and I agreed that the basement was mine to do whatever I want with and the rest of the house was hers to decorate, arrange, furnish, etc. Fortunately for me she didn't want a big stereo or even a TV in our upstairs living room, so the basement is where its at!

I started out with Definitive Technology satellite speakers that were about a foot tall and weighed about 15 pounds apiece. Then got rid of them to buy RF-25s. Then got rid of them and my sub to buy my RF-7s. So, in reality, my 5 speakers + 1 subwoofer took up a lot more space than my RF-7s do.

I don't complain about the 100+ candles in the house, the many picture frames, the antique furniture, the 7 pillows on the bed, and she doesn't complain about what I do in the basement.

I have also replaced every component in my system since we bought our house: TV, CD player, DVD player, receiver, speakers. I think that everything I have now will be here for a very long time. Unless I find someone locally with Klipschorns that is willing to sell them for $1000. [;)]

Actually, my parents and brother all complained about my RF-15s.

RF-15s!!! They all said that they were "huge" and I didn't need them.

All I can say is what bullcrap...

What's more is that there was a repeat of it all when my HK 3380 came in, and all this equipment is in my room only.....

Things like that really piss me off [8o|]

I don't complain about the 100+ candles in the house, the many picture frames, the antique furniture, the 7 pillows on the bed, and she doesn't complain about what I do in the basement.

Those pillows can come in pretty handy though...

Well, I put my two cents in...Cindy probably won't like what I had to say!

Maybe this is one reason why I'm still single. No one's going to tell me I have to sell off a piece of my audio equipment because it clashes with the surroundings. If Cindy accepts this man into her life, then his Klipschorns are part of the deal, unless she's willing to give up something of equal value, and I highly doubt it.

Good luck to them both.

Oops...I missed her second post on that thread and assumed her fiance had Khorns. I corrected my error just now...don't think anyone else has read my post yet.

In any event, thanks for the compliment...just trying to save this man's dignity, and his Belles.

Those pillows can come in pretty handy though...

Yeah, you can use them for bass traps. Only 1 thin pillow for each sleeper. Period. What next, Cats?

The following needs to be explained to Cindy in a delicate way:

As the Belles age, they get more desirable and more and more men want them.

Gravity is not the Belle's enemy as they get older. Recapping a pair of Type A's is only $100 for high quality caps. Compare that to plastic surgery.

Our boy here can enjoy the Belles and his KLF's at the same time without having to get the Belles really drunk.

His friends can listen to the Belles without him getting pissed off.

He can buy other speakers, listen to them for a year, and them go back to the belles and pick up where he left off.

If he sells the Belles, he doesn't have to buy them a house.

The Belles will never ask if they look fat (or get fat for that matter).

The Belles don't have a mother that will come to visit.

and the biggest item:

He can listen to the Belles at high volume for hours on end and enjoy it.

Once Cindy can do all of the above, he may consider selling them.