My baby's back and it looks like she's been workin' out!!!

Allan Songer

I've been using a McIntosh C22 preamp for about 20 years--this particular one for about 12 years. I bought it from the original owner and it has been in almost daily use since new. Lately I have noticed a certain lack of clarity that was very unnerving. I knew it was time for a complete once-over and a few transplants, but I really wasn't interested in doing the job myself--I just am not all that into doing this kind of stuff these days. I did build a set of ALK networks with Jensen caps a couple of years ago which was fun, but this time I just put my name on Craig's List (no, not THAT Craigslist) and when my number came up I packed up the C22 and shipped it off to Michigan.

Well, she arrived back today, Haven't had the opportunity to hook her up yet, but I thought I'd start the thread with some pics of all those BIG, GLEAMING JENSEN CAPACITORS!! I'll report back with a review in a week or so . . .

C222.jpg

c221.jpg

That looks Studlee[:D]

'Tis good to see an all out effort on the cap choices. This is a trend that I love to see......these high quality vintage gears deserve high quality parts inside when rebuild time comes. I found out through my MC30/Sonicraft Platinum build that these gears can reach another level never before seen when high quality parts are used.

I am most interested in your impressions of the rebuild.....which is to say that I want a full report on the sonics of these caps on my desk (or on this forum) by a week from Sunday[:D][;)][:D][;)][:D][;)]

SWEET!!!

I'll bet she sounds even better than she looks! Congrats! One of these days, I need to get with you for some listening!

I know. We've got to get the SoCal folks together for some serious listening some time. I'm free most weekend afternoons--let's put something together. I'd be happy to host . . .