Coolest Car you have ever owned

jacksonbart

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember seeing a 427 Cobra at an autocross circa 1975. I thought Wow! this should be fast! The guy wound it up, dumped the clutch and promptly swapped ends in a cloud of tire smoke at the start line.

Not real efficient at getting the power to the ground.

James

I remember seeing a 427 Cobra at an autocross

circa 1975. I thought Wow! this should be fast! The guy

wound it up, dumped the clutch and promptly swapped ends in a cloud of

tire smoke at the start line.

Not real efficient at getting the power to the ground.

James

Yep. Driver required (not merely an "occupant").

My coolest car was a 2000 Mustang GT convertible "spring feature package", which was only an apperance package but was pretty rare.

My favorite car is a truck. My 2006 F150 Lariat. Great work truck and then you can take the same good looking truck to take your wife out on the town.

The coolest car I ever drove but could never own is the Ford GT. My father retired from Ford and now works for Roush who engineered the GT. A street legal race car. Hit 80 MPH on Woodward Avenue and backed off before getting out of second gear. Loved it.

A buddy of mine and I had been climbing the peaks in the Maroon Belles area (see pic) near Aspen for couple of weeks and when we came back to the parking area near the lake, all scarred up, filthy, and tired, seven genuine Shelby Cobras pulled up and parked in a row near my old beater pick-up. Incredible cars - I've got a picture somewhere with this background. There was some sort of owners club gathering in Aspen that week. Pretty amazing and loud return to civilization.

post-17394-13819321066986_thumb.jpg

The 1961 Lincoln Continental convertible is another classic. I like the JFK black/black version best.

JFK's Limo (the one he was killed in) is in the Henry Ford Museum in Dearborn, MI. Been there quite a few times to see it. Touched it a few times when no one was looking. Shame they display it with the glass top on it.

Looks like Mine.....................they are wicked little cars................Mine is a 79 911 SC with an 84 3.4 Fuel injected engine...........I run a whale tail and 95 wheels and tires..............I can't believe how fast that little car is, and I owned a Vette for 9 years.......................Sputnik, I NEVER planned on owning a Porsche, sold the Vette to get out of the car hobby, had enough of the Car Show Egomanics...............Sold the Vette, took 3 years to get what I wanted for it, my son saw the 911 in a want ad digest, just went to look, NOT buy, made the mistake of driving it, and now I own a Silver Bullet, just like the picture..........................Damn Cars...........Come on out, I'll let you drive it...............Northern New York is a great place for a vacation, long lost brother.....................