NFL Playoff Picks......

Colts, Bears, Saints (have to root for them now that I'm part of the Dtel clan!) not bad all the teams I wanted won in three of the games this weekend. New England coming to Indy gives us a playoff here in town. That's very very cool. And my man Rex stepped up to the plate (did you know I photographed the Grossman wedding?)

And some very exciting football for whoever you were rooting for. It's gonna be a some crazy playoffs in a couple of weeks!

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some great games this weekend!! Is it just me, or are there way
more stoppages for TV ads than in years past??? Maybe I am just
becoming a curmudgeon....

I'm so sick of them coming back from commercials and we've MISSED A PLAY! Remember when you used to see the actual coin toss at the beginning of the game, or heard 'America the Beautiful' sang in it's entirety? They do both at every single game.

And I'm so sick of the talking heads and their stupid analysis and predictions. When are they going to finally back off of the Colts defense? Pregame shows just arent' interesting or factual any more.

• Moderators

Ooooops.....sorry Amy, but I've waited years for this rematch in Baltimore!

I just now saw this one! No need to apologize to me...I'm not a Colts fan!

I'd love to see the Bears pull this one off...

Saints over Chicago. N.O. running game will eat the clock and Brees is pretty slick. Bears special teams may be the difference though. Still Saints win. I've been a Bears fan since 1961. Ditkas firing was the last straw for me though. Wish for a Bears vs. Colts game.

Colts over NE. Manning will play well in second half. No new commercials lately. Colts home field will be difference. Colts D should hang in good enough. Brady Manning/Colts Pats rivalry will be a good one.

Colts over New Orleans 27-17 in "The Bowl"

the Pats are definitely beatable. SD should have won but screwed up with idiotic turnovers. You can't blame this loss on Shottenheimer, the game plan was solid, just poor execution at key moments. Belichek equally deserves no credit as some genius. that game was decided on the field and the team that made fewer mistakes won. As much as I hate the idea of a dome team winning a championship, go Colts!

Well, here it is..................If the COLTS want a Super Bowl bid it's PUT UP or SHUT UP TIME.............they have the Pats at home, now I'm an East Coast Football fan, but here it is for the Colts..............I hope the COLTS win it all now, the defense has played real well, it's time for the COLTS to win a Super Bowl..............

New Orleans at DA' BEARS..............I like New Orleans, but the weather may become a factor, We'll see on Sunday................

I can't pick a clear winner for either of the games.

Pats / Colts. These 2 teams know each other so well it could go either way. Does Indy's defense continue to show up? Or do they return to the way they played earlier in the season?

Bears / Saints. Good Rex? Bad Rex? Probably more important can either defense stop the run? If not it will be a long day against two very good running teams.

Blowouts? Back and forth low scoring grind it out games? I can't tell, but I do know it is gonna be fun.

I just hope we see a lot of this:

post-17373-13819321357784_thumb.jpg

Agree on all counts! A tough pair of games to prognosticate, but I'm going with both the home teams here.

I picked the Bears to go to Miami from the outset of the playoff run, and am not going to change now. The Saints do worry me - I feel the Saints are on the upswing and the Bears aren't playing up to what they showed earlier in the season, especially on defense. This game may expose the main worry - the Bear defensive front. They aren't the same without Tommie Harris, but am hoping that the front four can deliver a big effort by containing the run and keeping Brees on the move. The Bears defensive front vs. the Saints OL is THE KEY matchup in this game. As this goes, so should the game.

Indy is playing good defense of late and that bodes well on the fast home track. Manning isn't going to only produce a 5 field goal offense this week. And the Pats loss of talent might finally catch up with them this year, but when it's the Pats and Bill Belichick, never say never. Still, I say the Colts are due, and have every advantage in the dome. Should be a classic.

So, the matchup I thought was going to happen last year: Bears vs. Colts, one year later than expected.

Hey Audible Nectar,

I like your thinking on these games. Really too close to call. They can swing either way. If it DOES come down to Bears vs Colts, I'll have to get a piece of 3/4" lexan to protect my TV screen from brown longneckers!

I've been watching the divisional championship games replays. Not many holding calls on the offensive lines. It could favor the offenses if it continues. Strong pass rush teams like 'Da Bears and Colts might have a long day

HarryO

Sorry Saints and Bears fans, but Colts v Pats will be the real SuperBowl this year. Whoever wins that game will beat whoever the NFC sends. Just my .02- but one thing's for sure- there will be some exciting football on Sunday.

he knows speakers and football? you're absolutely correct colter, and i sure hope the colts win.

by the way, please disregard an earlier post under my name that predicted a ravens/eagles superbowl. i think someone was pretending to be me.

• Moderators

If the Saints can run the ball, which I think they can and they don't allow too many big plays. They should handle the Bears, they do have the number one offence in the NFL.

Jay

If those two things happen they should win, hope your right.

Probably have high blood pressure watching , still can't belive they got this far.[Y]