What's your favorite beer?

ibanezhater

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Favorite Beer.............COLD !...........Someone Else's !.....................No, really, ROLLING ROCK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JAY, Was it DADS root beer ?????????

Rolling Rock - another PA beer - was recently bought out by one of the big boys, either Miller or Anheuser Busch. It will be slowly phased out. Another competitor gone.

Stock up while you can.

All this weird beer, hardly any regular guys who just want to knock back a few "cold ones" or have a chaser with a shot of VO.

All this bullshit started with vain, self-important Baby Boomers who can't even enjoy a simple working man's brew without turning it into an opprotunity to show how different and refined, how much better than the common herd, they are.

People who wear bluejeans and chambray faux work shirts to office jobs. But don't forget the tie, without the tie someone might think you need to wear jeans and a chambray shirt to work for their practical function. Gotta keep that little distinction, that subtle remeinder that one is actually still one of the "right" people.

My Favorite Beer.............COLD !...........Someone Else's !.....................No, really, ROLLING ROCK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JAY, Was it DADS root beer ?????????

Rolling Rock - another PA beer - was recently bought out by one of the big boys, either Miller or Anheuser Busch. It will be slowly phased out. Another competitor gone.

Stock up while you can.

Anheuser Busch bought them.......................Do you really think they will phase it out??? Hope not......but, I shouldn' drink anyway....................

All this weird beer, hardly any regular guys who just want to knock back a few "cold ones" or have a chaser with a shot of VO.

All this bullshit started with vain, self-important Baby Boomers who can't even enjoy a simple working man's brew without turning it into an opprotunity to show how different and refined, how much better than the common herd, they are.

People who wear bluejeans and chambray faux work shirts to office jobs. But don't forget the tie, without the tie someone might think you need to wear jeans and a chambray shirt to work for their practical function. Gotta keep that little distinction, that subtle remeinder that one is actually still one of the "right" people.

LMFAO!!!!! That was damn funny Tom.

Damn that is right on...................wonderful use of words................make my chaser Wild Turkey.......................EH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Audible Nectar I like the Fat Tire also. Just got back from Co. last week and had a few out there. Fosters is my favorite but always have Bud Lite on hand to wash down supper. I've had a few of the Bent River brews and liked them. I tend to stick to lagers or the lighter ales. Got started with home brew with the guy that built Bent River. Can't remember his name but I got the set up from him when he had the home brew store next to Bent River. Bought all my grolsch from gendlers just to get the bottles. Liked the Grolsch amber. I haven't made a batch if a few years now, might have to give it a try again.

Gee Tom, I'm usually with you on subjects around here and your response is quite funny but ever since I was stationed in Germany I have never gone back to American beer first because of taste and second because I don't want to turn into that 12 pack a night belly bustin' buzz[:o] kind of guy[;)]

Kuisis, Celis calls it their triple bock and it has a plaid label that kind of reminds you of the McEwan label!

"I don't want to turn into that 12 pack a night belly bustin' buzzSurprise kind of guyWink"

Yeah, nuthin' worse than a pantry drinker. I drank beer at work for it's cold thirst quenching and at night to chase VO when I got drunk. And I never drank at night except to get drunk so I didn't drink that often.

I remember old Lugan Wally, guy drank a case of Miller Light every day, at least half at work.

I don't think so.... I remember that it was a regular product. Maybe something syracuse or saratoga root beer... It looked like a real longneck beer glass. Actually I played a nice trick to my R/A at the time I was at the other college.

Jay is it IBC, on the bottle is has Rye Brook, NY. I get a case almost every time I go to Sam's Club.

As for beers,

Modelo Especial

Fosters

Rolling Rock

Budweiser

Sorry, no.

It started with the working man's brew being turned into pabulum by a few huge corporations buying up their smaller competitors - and/or putting them out of business (anyone heard of MicroCrap?)

Now-a-days, If you want a "real" beer, you really have to go to Germany. My favorite is Parkbrau Pirminator a very potent helle (clear or blond) bock and no, you can't get it here. Second was Dortmunder Kronnen (unfortunately no longer imported - as far as I know).

There are some very fine local micro-brews, but they're pretty much hit or miss in the absence of a real brewing tradition.

Saying that crap like Bud or Miller (which cannot even be sold as beer in germany) are beers for "regular guys" is an insult to all us "regular guys."

James

Thanks for the info Kaiser.

I have to disagree with Mr. Brennan about the his take on Microbrews. They actually came about because people that actually tried good beer from other countries became interested in the many styles of beers that there are in the world and enjoyed the taste. Much like food, can you imagine if you had no Chinese, Mexican, Italian or other styles of food. Maybe you should try some of the other varieties of beer. The major american breweries make the most bland beer that you must drink cold so it dulls your taste buds, just my opinion but I bet it's a shared one.

I like Corona Light as well. I save the more foofoo stuff for treats but tend to drink light beer. I contend Miller Lite has improved over recent years. Amstel light isn't bad. But going on recall, Miller Lite has only 3-3.5 carbs per bottle vs. others that are in the 6-ish range? I've not checked in a bit so I might be off but I think Miller Lite is still the king of diet beers. I heard of one person who switched to Miller Lite and lost 30 pounds. He must of drank a lot. I like light beers or simple tasting clear beers when say... eating pizza, etc.

Other non-foofoo standard beer I like is Saint Paulie Girl. And now think I prefer Becks over Heineken. I know one guy who drinks foofoo guiness, etc. but still loves an ice cold Schlitz if he can find it. Weird thing is he has to drink it out of a can. Must be some historic/memory/childhood thing with him.

We should've broken this down into 3 categories: Foofoo, middle of the road, and cheapo. :)

I know one guy who drinks foofoo guiness, etc. but still loves an ice cold Schlitz if he can find it. Weird thing is he has to drink it out of a can. Must be some historic/memory/childhood thing with him.

We should've broken this down into 3 categories: Foofoo, middle of the road, and cheapo. :)

It probaby stems from memories of chugging quarts of "The Bull" back in the day.

"Saying that crap like Bud or Miller (which cannot even be sold as beer in germany) are beers for "regular guys" is an insult to all us "regular guys.""

If you were a regular guy you'd call yourself Jimmy instead of James.

And yes, the California Wine Country, that hotbed of regular guyism.

In any event by trying to define what is "real" beer and what isn't and by extolling hard to find and exotic wares you act exactly the kind of beer snob I described.

Funny too that most of the German, Polish and Bohemian immigrants I've known in Chicago drank regular American beer, I've spent many hours in dark taverns drinking with such folks. How about the throngs of German, Bohemian and Polish immigrants out there in the Wine Country? Zimne Piwo signs seen often out there?

Of course a guy can drink green bottle beer and be a regular guy, if one just takes it for granted and goes about his drinking business without bum-rapping the taste of others. I know a couple of Local 1 Boilermakers, South Side Irish guys with impeccable working-class pedigrees who drink Heinikens and Becks. But they can also kick back and enjoy a Bud at a White Sox game.