Dean's at it Again!!!

meagain

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If it's one thing I know how to do well, it's taking a crap in the woods.:)

The 5 x 8 trailer is going to cost $232.00. I'm willing to split that cost. I have a call into my son to find out if his Jimmy has a trailer hitch. If not, it's going to cost me $250 to buy one and have it installed (they don't rent them anymore). I wish I had access to a decent van, but I don't.

The 5 x 8 trailer is going to cost $232.00. I'm willing to split that cost. I have a call into my son to find out if his Jimmy has a trailer hitch. If not, it's going to cost me $250 to buy one and have it installed (they don't rent them anymore). I wish I had access to a decent van, but I don't.

Would it be cheaper to rent something.

A full size mini van such as a windstar has fully retractable seats.  Floor space is close to 3.5X6.5.   An SUV like an expidition can hold 4 X 8 sheets of plywood.

The 5 x 8 trailer is going to cost $232.00. I'm willing to split that cost. I have a call into my son to find out if his Jimmy has a trailer hitch. If not, it's going to cost me $250 to buy one and have it installed (they don't rent them anymore). I wish I had access to a decent van, but I don't.

Would it be cheaper to rent something.

A full size mini van such as a windstar has fully retractable seats.  Floor space is close to 3.5X6.5.   An SUV like an expidition can hold 4 X 8 sheets of plywood.

Hi Dean... I appreciate the offer on splitting the uhaul with me if we do the deal here. And I also appreciate Richard allowing us to meet at his place to do the transaction. I would probably take him up on his offer to crash at his place if this went through. As for the hitch, since there would be very little weight involved with the Uhaul I would think any class of hitch would suffice.

Let's take this offline now so we can talk about some specifics. I have some questions and don't want to muddy up this thread with them. :-)

Better yet, email me your phone number and I'll give you a call if you prefer.

Mike

Dean,

"I have a call into my son to find out if his Jimmy has a trailer hitch. If not, it's going to cost me $250 to buy one and have it installed (they don't rent them anymore)."

Have him see if his bumper can just take a ball directly too. That is what I did with my S10 when I rented a Uhaul trailer to get a pair of LaScala's back.

A ball would be around $30 plus maybe $20 or so for a plug in trailer wiring adapter.

Shawn

Dean,

The idea about renting a minivan may be the better way to go. Same plan but rent a minivan. Have someone follow you to Richard's to bring you back home. Has to be cheaper and easier.

Edit: Hey what about this? My parents do it when they go to Florida each winter. They load up their car and then put it on the train and have it transported. They then fly. If you did that you could rent the minivan and actually not ever drive it very far. I have no idea how much it costs, but it couldn't be too much or my parents wouldn't do it.

Well I just spoke to Dean on the phone and it looks like my room is not Khorn friendly at the moment. I was not aware that the false corners were 41" along each side of the cabinet, and measure 60" across the front. At present, I just don't have the wall space (or room space) to handle that. I apologized to Dean for not checking this earlier, as I knew this might be the only holdup.

I will have to wait for the right house to come along before I get my dream pair of Khorns. [:'(]

Mike

Well I just spoke to Dean on the phone and it looks like my room is not Khorn friendly at the moment. I was not aware that the false corners were 41" along each side of the cabinet, and measure 60" across the front. At present, I just don't have the wall space (or room space) to handle that. I apologized to Dean for not checking this earlier, as I knew this might be the only holdup.

I will have to wait for the right house to come along before I get my dream pair of Khorns. [:'(]

Mike

Do you at least have a landing pad for the Huey?

DEAN'OS KHORNS ARE SOLD..............TO FRIKIN ME[:'(]YA SNOOZE, YA LOOSE, YA CHEAP BASTARDS[li][H]T

DEANO,

THANKS

They should have been sold a week ago [8o|] But that's ok because I have a beautiful pair of Rosewood Belles coming[:D]

Steve, let me know when you need help moving them in - if I'm in town, I'll be glad to come over. I'm a minute off I-55 in Argonne/LeMont.

If they are the dimensions I think, you probably are looking at pulling one side off to get them through anything more than a 30 degree turn in less than a four foot linear run landing/door passage, FWIW. Dean will know! [:o]

Congrats!

DEAN'OS KHORNS ARE SOLD..............TO FRIKIN ME[:'(]YA SNOOZE, YA LOOSE, YA CHEAP BASTARDS[li][H]

DEANO,

THANKS

YOU'RE FRICKING KIDDING ME!!! I've been thinking this should happen! Oh great gosh almighty - maybe I'll finally be able to hear Trachorns!

MEAGAIN calls FIRST DIBS on any "down the road" Smilin' Sale. LOL Congrats Steve!

EDIT: Hell yeah!