meagain

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dean,

I think you are making the right decision going factory built. My build, see www.jubilation.ws , is going well but considering the cost of materials and many many hours of work I should have bought them [:$] Part of my problem is that I am a mechanical eng and am used to working is thousandths of an inch and I am spending way to much time seeking perfection, but that's just me. My wife keeps saying "My God it's just wood" just finish it! Hind site is 20/20 but if I had it to do over, Roy would have gotten an order for the Jubilee instead of just the 402 with 69.

rigma

Dean,

I think you are making the right decision going factory built. My build, see www.jubilation.ws , is going well but considering the cost of materials and many many hours of work I should have bought them [:$] Part of my problem is that I am a mechanical eng and am used to working is thousandths of an inch and I am spending way to much time seeking perfection, but that's just me. My wife keeps saying "My God it's just wood" just finish it! Hind site is 20/20 but if I had it to do over, Roy would have gotten an order for the Jubilee instead of just the 402 with 69.

rigma

Rigma,

But in the end you will always have that great feeling that you built them yourself which is priceless. Very awesome looking work!!

Craig

Dean. Again....I must say I'm pleased you are buying them. I by no means am going to convince others to build these things. The fun is there if you are the right kinda person.

I don't think my curve is off that much and I don't think the SPL is off much either on my DIY project. Even if I had the real deal in that same test position...I highly doubt that I can get the exact same curve as Roy. Let's put it this way. I know most of the differences of my physical build and the real deal now. Rigmas will be very close to the real deal the best I can tell. If I were to build them again...I would probably use my same plans.

Remember my dbb's are cranking out quit a bit of SPL which is more than a Khorn. The jub clone I built were close to the dbb's in SPL....but higher than a Khorn. When I was running the jubs 2 way with a 902 compression driver, the 902 was only attenuated -3.4dB behind a swamping resistor. My experience with using a K55 vs the 902 is that the 902 puts out more SPL. So for instance...those with K55's in a Khorn that sits behind a swamping resistor....tend to attenuate that driver somewhere between -4.6 and -6.7 dB if I recall.

Anyway....

I am excited you are BUYING them and moreso very interested in your opinion vs the Khorn. The thing I'm really bummed about is that I highly awaited your impression of their sound before you ever considered buying them. Your opinion is typically the brutal truth. Sometimes ones (not you) opinion of the "sound" gets pampered once they have spent multiple thousands on it. Some folks tell themselves...."Hey, I just spent $12,000 on those B&W's, I know they sound good".

As far as the top horn......EQ....passive vs active. You are on stage now man whether you like it or not. This thread was started by someone else not you. This ought to tell you how important your thoughts are to this forum. We have pages of posts on this thread all about the fact that someone is getting new speakers. Good luck.......we are awaiting for your dive sir.

[Y]

Heys guys....let's not turn this thread into a DIY Jubilee. I did it out of fun..not to save dollars. Yes it is rewarding if that is the kinda thing you like.

jc

Dean,

I've got a couple active networks I'd be happy to loan you if you're interested when the time comes. They're analog, so not exactly what Klipsch recommends, but I'm sure it'd be educational to compare to the passive. Let me know when the time comes if you're interested.

I am excited you are BUYING them and moreso very interested in your opinion vs the Khorn. The thing I'm really bummed about is that I highly awaited your impression of their sound before you ever considered buying them. Your opinion is typically the brutal truth. Sometimes ones (not you) opinion of the "sound" gets pampered once they have spent multiple thousands on it. Some folks tell themselves...."Hey, I just spent $12,000 on those B&W's, I know they sound good".

Always with the B&W's...

Your opinion is typically the brutal truth.

This one really made me choke............... I can't count the times I have screamed at Dean for not the brutal truth. His reasoning always being to protect someone elses feelings which I guess is admirable. I absolutely can tell you right now no matter how the Jubs truly sound his posts will say they sound great at least at first. The truth will surface after they are sold [;)]

I absolutely can tell you right now no matter how the Jubs truly sound his posts will say they sound great at least at first. The truth will surface after they are sold [;)]

You mean, after they're sold to you???

[6] [;)]

God Richard, that was funny! Sorry Craig[;)]

So you say I can get a the big Juby horn, a 69 and build spec'd x-overs to turn my Indy babies into Jub-Alla's?

Roy, talk to me. Any luck on that parts request[:P]

I'm glad it came across that way. I feared it might sound mean spirited and I was actually going to go back & delete it.

Your second line... that directed to me? If so and if I understand it correctly... yes, you CAN obtain the BIG Juby horn (K-402) as well as the K-69 driver for it and the little tray it stands on, delivered to you for "about" $1,000 each. That is delivered to your door but does not include any ribs or ice cream. (I think it was supposed to have those included but somehow when the box goes by Roy's office, the goodies disappear)

You can then slap the horn on top of Belle or LaScala and make it work. I once made a thread titled JubScala as I recall and that was the logic behind it.

Nice thing about doing that is you're down the road to the Jubilees and can stairstep your way there.

I absolutely can tell you right now no matter how the Jubs truly sound his posts will say they sound great at least at first. The truth will surface after they are sold [;)]

[6] [;)]

That is pretty funny. The reality is I'd let him give them to me but I surely wouldn't buy them and even if given to me they would go in storage for when I had a room that would do them justice. They just would be a god aweful fit in my current listening rooms. I don't build my system on the penis envy logic that some folks do.

Craig

[6] [;)]

That is pretty funny. The reality is I'd let him give them to me but I surely wouldn't buy them and even if given to me they would go in storage for when I had a room that would do them justice. They just would be a god aweful fit in my current listening rooms. I don't build my system on the penis envy logic that some folks do.

Craig

Wow, Craig tells it like it is ----- again...........

This forum benefits from reality checks.

Carl.

Don't quite know what to say to some of that stuff Craig, I'd like to think I'm pretty honest about what I hear. No, I won't trash something I don't care for or has lost favor with me here on the open forum. People like different things, so there isn't much point to it. And yes, sometimes it is because I don't want to hurt someone's feelings.

JC, I want to pick up the discussion about sensitivity in the other thread.

God Richard, that was funny! Sorry Craig[;)]

So you say I can get a the big Juby horn, a 69 and build spec'd x-overs to turn my Indy babies into Jub-Alla's?

Roy, talk to me. Any luck on that parts request[:P]

i cannot find the tee nuts like the ones installed in that model but i have some close ones. would those work? by the way, i am still looking. we were cleaning up the lab this week and found alot of goodies.....

have a blessed day

roy delgado