dean at it again II

bodcaw boy

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dangit Dean, you were supposed to get the K510 horns! That is what I need to mate to my LS which would eventually move to surround duty and get replaced by Jub Bass bins/wK510 horns. Now I need to revamp my negotiating stategy w SWMBO

Roy - I think Klipsch should send the 510 horns with the Jubs to Dean complimentary. I mean, look at all the threads this generated and potential sales. It would be good for us all to hear a review of the 2 horns so we can choose wisely. Yes.... I wish for Dean to have both. And the 510 is so cute.

Jubilee jealousy is catching. AhChoo!!!!

Answer me a riddle. The size spec's posted:

dimensions

78.3" (199cm) H x 98.6" (250cm) W x 57.3" (146cm) D

I thought the Jube's footprint was similiar to a Khorns, not 8 feet wide and 5 feet deep????? I understand that the hieght for home use is lower without the supertweeter on top but............

OK, Dean.... so post the tops you got for the bottoms! And a pic, specs would go a long way here!

Did you go this far?

KPT-Jubilee® 535 Specifications

frequency response

45Hz-19kHz +/- 3dB-10dB @ 34Hz

sensitivity

105dB

crossover frequency

400 Hz, 3k Hz

24dB/Octave

coverage angle

Horizontal 90° +/-20° 200Hz-18kHz

Vertical 60° +/-20° 500Hz-19kHz

high frequency horn

KPT-Grand-HF-T

mid frequency horn

KPT-402-MF

woofer

KPT-KHJ-LF

dimensions

78.3" (199cm) H x 98.6" (250cm) W x 57.3" (146cm) D

weight

329 lbs (149 kg)

features

Delay:

LF: 0 ms

MF: 3.5 ms

HF: 4.6 ms

Yeah, that's more like it! 41.5" wide and 24.5" deep. Indy, where did you get the erronious info?

Guilty as charged Dean but ever since that first time Roy played the Jubs for me I was sold and thought everybody that loves Klipsch must have a pair[;)]

All I did was talk and talk about those babies at the factory/farmhouse and the next thing you know Richards got a pair on the way and Mike 2A3 and at least part of my dream about them is coming true! When I get the room to have a full blown HT (dedicated) Jubs will be the mains and I'm sure I can address the other 3 speakers with Heritage and 20 to 1 says a sub won't even be needed[:P]

I really am just happy for ya Dean and fell your going to be very pleased with your decision[:D]

Now that I know more about the background of the commercial Jubilees, and the fact that they are more than just a commercial/sound reinforcement product, the idea of buying these speakers is very appealing. I guess I was originally sceptical because in my view horn speakers overall, don't get any better than the Klipschorn. And I reckon that's still correct - to a point. But where does the Klipschorn owner go? Well, if you're a born tinkerer, and are keen to buy into a more 'tuneable option' I guess the Jubilee is the way to go. Actually when you you think about it... the possibilites are endless - only restricted by your imagination and willingness to experiment.

You guys are killing me. O.K. Robert, you get first dibs. Man, what a sorry bunch some of you are, hanging around like vultures. I do think it will be a while before a pair shows up on eBay, so might as well buy a new pair.

First thing going into the tray is Justin Hayward. I use Mudvayne and Korn to help me fall asleep.

Bulldoggie, I GET !ST dibs[H]I already made The deposit[:@]heh heh heh