3 minutes to Miller Time

jacksonbart

This place is a graveyard this weekend

Bloody mary at the barber shpo this morning- in house bar service- nice- Buffalo burger with maytag blue for lunch with Sam Adams seasonal(not impressed with this variety of SA)

Swilling down Modelo Edpecial with lime. Watching some NHL finals- Could care less- kinda pulling for Chicago- My caines suck and were out long ago.

maybe head out in the AM to catch that 5 lb bass at the club that has been eluding me.

Everybody have a great holiday weekend

OK- I will be the one man band and keep the thread going

Still sitting in this hell hole (work)- waiting on a call from Fedex. Drinking a nice cold Deer Park WATER!!!!!!!!!!

Gotta hit the beer store on the way home- maybe a nice Bohemia (mexican premium beer) or maybe some Isenbeck pilsner if they have any.

hope all the recovering folks are doing OK.

Cheers!!!!!!!!!!

Plugging away at work all week after the long weekend.

Winchester's gettin' lonely in here.

Some diet ginger ale to wash down my late dinner from Taco Hell after mowing the yard.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Cheers!!!!!!

Left the turntable on for 3 straight days by accident. Bluesboy came over on memorial day while I was spinning some Miles Davis LPs. We were drawing up plans for a bathroom enlargement so I took the arm off the record but didn't turn it off till last night[:$] No ill effects apparently.

Doing less posting and more walking/jogging after dinner. Well maybe not jogging but doing an old man shuffle. I actually look forward to the walks and trying different parks to make sure I don't miss any of the young ladies jogging by. One park is where I played Little League baseball some 49 years ago.

Hope everyone is well. Put me down for a Belvedere martini this weekend....dry with pearl onion stuffed olives.

Cheers!

Cheers all...hope everyone is doing alright...TH, glad the turntable is still well, Winchester, keep living the good life...USR...saw the edited post, so will not comment, but hope all went well. Trying to deal with the new job and scheduling...I have a feeling I will be unemployed again within 6 months...going to keep the fingers crossed. On a positive note, my first pair of heritage are now offically up and running...the meatloaf cornwalls have redone grills, re-oiled and rocking out. Got the squaker in the heresy's fixed...a little surface work left one them...should be getting close to start working on the Persian Nutwood cornwalls. Busy as can be...trying to stop in when I have a chance.

ACE

Greetings everyone and happy friday.

hope all is going well Chuck (take a quick break and make sure the turntable is either playing or off). i haven't been posting much these days either; but, i haven't been doing much walking either. after a decent 11 year break, my asthma has returned with a vengence. the past 10 days has been horrible. couldn't travel last weekend. can't carry on a conversation longer than a few minutes without getting winded. no idea what brought on this resurgence. been taking my usual three inhalers and pill; but, now had to add prednisone to the mix. kinda scary because last time (1999) that it got this bad, it lasted over a year. On the positive side, that prednisone completely removed the residual inflammation in my shoulder which is now 100% pain free. not meaning to complain; but, i'll take that shoulder pain in both shoulders if i could get rid of the asthma. have a good evening folks. ben, if you're out there, i think i have one ginger ale left--i'll tip it in your honor. regards, steve

Gotta love that prednisone Stew....works wonders. I use to have asthma symptoms during the 80s when I lived in a hundred year old Queen Anne in our historic district. I spent 10 years renovating it and there was always dust of one type or another. Went through the allergy test where they prick your skin with known allergens such as mold, dust mites, wheat, animal dander. I reacted to four...including dust mites. When I sold the house and moved to the beach the symptoms eased. Now I take 1 singulair tab once a day and almost never have problems. Good luck in getting your asthma under control. Maybe Oscarsear will drop in here for some advice....I believe thats his field.

Ace....its good to hear from you and hope the job last. Congrats on getting the speakers up and running.

Where is Ben, JB, and Winchester?

Greetings everyone and happy friday.

hope all is going well Chuck (take a quick break and make sure the turntable is either playing or off). i haven't been posting much these days either; but, i haven't been doing much walking either. after a decent 11 year break, my asthma has returned with a vengence. the past 10 days has been horrible. couldn't travel last weekend. can't carry on a conversation longer than a few minutes without getting winded. no idea what brought on this resurgence. been taking my usual three inhalers and pill; but, now had to add prednisone to the mix. kinda scary because last time (1999) that it got this bad, it lasted over a year. On the positive side, that prednisone completely removed the residual inflammation in my shoulder which is now 100% pain free. not meaning to complain; but, i'll take that shoulder pain in both shoulders if i could get rid of the asthma. have a good evening folks. ben, if you're out there, i think i have one ginger ale left--i'll tip it in your honor. regards, steve

I assume you have seen a doctor about your flare up. Spring is the season for pollen and we have had a wet winter so the plants are quite reproductive. As it warms more you can expect molds to come along too. The steroid burst should be more effective than you indicate. Do you use a peak flow meter to help track your asthma? Anything in the home or work setting that you think is triggering this? Once your airways get twitchy many things will set them off that wouldn't otherwise. Any foreign inhalant, cleaning fumes, perfumes, car exhaust, smoke from any source can aggravate things. See a doc and set some goals, then set your lifestyle up to 'baby' your lungs until they settle down. Get a new mattress cover and maybe a new pillow too (dust mites). Asthma sucks.

Hot and humid day in north Texas .... We're going to take care of that with several batches of home made frozen margarita's. They won't make the weather any cooler, however they sure will give you an attitude adjustment. SALUDO....

Got into a bottle or Herradura gold aguave last night- tasty stuff. Got up at the crack of dawn this morning- went to the hunting lease for a work party. Climbing trees- chopping vines with a machette-moving heavy scaffold type stands around in the woods. dug holes for spme 4 x 4 posts for the rifle range. hot as 40 hells. humididy was off the chart. bunch of 50-60 year old guys climbing trees and acting like young guys- surprised that there were no heart attacks. First really heavy duty work out in the hot sun since losing the 40 lbs. The lost weight made all the difference. Seroiusly if you are considering losing weight - Do it now particulary if you are a old geezer lke me-57. Came home and crashed under the ceiling fan for 4 hours. Just woke up.

Opening my first beer of the evening- Dox Equis amber with a chunk of lime-after drinking (and sweating) a half a case of bottle watter and gatorade today- This may be the best beer I have tasted in months.

TH- Dont feel bad- I left my tubes on overnight after a few adult beverages a couple weeks ago. not smart.

Ace- congrats on the speakers

Boxx- I make a marg with Bacardi frozen mix-Heradura silver aguave-contreau-de kupper triple sec- several fresh lines peeled-couple of fresh oranges. mixed with filtered water ice in a blender- dont have the exact measurements- I eyeball them from many years of expierence using the empty mix can. A little pricey but wow - what a drink- if you like frozen ones in the summer. Be careful- they will kick your @ss.

Hope everybody is on the mend- Cheers

Pretty humid here in Hoosierland today but not too terribly hot but quite a bit of rain Got soaked a couple of times playing soccer referee and cooled off quite a bit with the soakings. I think at least one in each game.

Then pretended to coach 2 games. 1st game "we" (U19 team my daughters U19 team practices with along with a U15 team) pounded the hapless by comparison competition with both teams playing down 1 or 2 - they had no subs but we had 2. The real coach is a police office and had to work - something for kids in the mall thought I could've swore she or someone said something about collecting controlled substances. 2nd game, my daughter's team, though she went to a wedding shower instead, we got pounded playing with 1 more player than the opposition most of the game and even up 2 part of the game with the other team having no subs and took it on the chin like 8 to 1. The other team did prevent a goal illegally, a beautiful slide, but this is a PAL (Police Athletic League) rec league that doesn't allow sliding, couldn't convert the PK and couldn't score until late in the second half. Her normal coaches took one of their daughters to Special Olympics nationals for swimming. I hope she did better.

Those frozen margaritas sure sound good....

Also cleaned poolzilla this evening put on some music but the right speaker wasn't making any sound though it worked fine Thursday evening. [:'(]

HOT and HUMID. Guess that's the price you pay for mild even warm winters?

No mild winter here bud- Coldest this year on record with snow/ice out the wazoo.

92 here today. family outing to use the private stocked bass lake at the club. designated driver so I swilled down a few of modellos and dos equis. A basket of Bojangles chicken and fries. fishing off a covered dock with a nice breeze. bass made fools out of us. 2 big boys broke our lines like sewing thread. Using lite spinning tackle. what a joke. brought a knife to a gun fight. 6+ pound class.using Shimmano Stella spinning reeels with all star graphite rods. world class tackle. should have been up to the task. Guess those big boys didnt get to be big boys by being stupid. Maybe replace the year old line and go back for round 2 better prepared. Next time.

Sipping on a modello and lime preparing for the battle tomorrow. Cooking up a mess or fresh scallops and shrimp.

Hope everybody had a great weekend Cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm taking tomorrow off... so a good "summertime" rose is in the glass tonight... I have some George Thorogood on the outdoor speakers. It's hot, humid, with a chance of thunderstorms. I'll just sit back and relax...

I have some George Thorogood on the outdoor speakers.

I just picked up a copy of George Thorogood Live Sunday afternoon at a garage sale for all of 50 cents. I'll have to take the old portable CD player to work to listen to it.

My usual diet ginger ale. After dinner of spaghetti with meatballs for dinner with milk to drink. Nothing special. Meatballs frozen out of a bag, sauce out of a jar. Tasted pretty good though.

Probably have a little decaf sweetened blackened tea after I finish my ginger ale.

Enjoy your day off Boxx.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Had some really great drinks last hight- heradura gold tequlia- triple sec and tonic water - loaded with ice and chunks of fresh lime. Drank over ice rather than frozen- did not fell like cleaning up the mess from frozen drinks last night. They were very tasty.

I have been too busy this week to smoke a cigar- maybe tonite