Godzilla vs Rodan

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KING KONG would kick both theirs a$$es ......................... if only he could stay away from Women !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its not well known but King Kong has a bad methamphetamine habit. He has lost about 215 lbs and now has bald/burns patches caused by his lab blowing up. Sad really, but what else you gonna do on Skull Island, other than native dance there is not much culture and after a few years that dance grows tired. Now Godzilla eats a steady diet of fish and swims some 200 miles a day, except the two weeks a year he is ashore crushing sh!t in Toyko.

"Is that why we have our own names for cities and countries of the world outside the US? If those in "Paris" don't use that word for the name of their city, do the French have their own words for US cities? What do the French call Kansas City? Or Chicago? Do the Japanese rename our movie stars? What do they call Harrison Ford?"

It was covered by Islander fairly well, but yes, other languages do use different words for cities. Just check out the Puerto Rican's (and they are US citizens) use of "Nueva York," as a small example. Those that are not taught english can't even say sandwich. The Brits insisted on calling Mumbai "Bombay". I'm not sure about Ford, but the Mexicans called one of my friends "MaDonnal" instead of McDonald. It's not surprising that US english speakers would have trouble with gojira.

Back to the real question at hand, Godzilla would take Kong or Young any day. Down to the bottom of the ocean and drown'em like a gator would, then bbq'em with his thermonuclear death breath.

That is a good point - in Arabic there is no "P" sound so they substitute "B".

And there's no "V" sound in Tagalog, so "B" is substituted, which is why one of my Filipino co-workers said to me, "What's your car? Mine is a Chebby ban."

I had a friend who couldn't roll his R's. I told him he was lucky that he didn't live in Mexico, he'd have a speech impediment.

And then there's the "Spanish lisp", making Barcelona sound like "Barthelona" and Jerez and Ibiza sound like "Hereth" and "Ibitha". I was told there was once a king of Spain who spoke with a lisp and all his loyal subjects began to speak like him so he wouldn't be ashamed of his way of speaking. Could be just a story, but many Spaniards do speak like that.

For those who are into this stuff, I highly recommend the original release of "Gojira" in japanese with subtitles. There is no Raymond Burr, he was cut in for the US release, and for my money it makes for a much better movie. There is a 2 dvd set out with both versions and the original is remastered.