Klipsch Headphones/Earphones

dtel's wife

• Moderators

Okay guys/gal the official word came down. Those of us attending the Pilgrimage had the opportunity to test prototype models of the new Klipsch headphone/earphone. All I am going to say is that I was very impressed. I'll let the others that gave them a listen tell you how great they were!

We were sworn to secrecy until now.[:P]

Really nice.... you have to make sure they are seated correctly in the ear canal... then the response is very good.

Bruce

Let me add: Extremely good! But you have to like headphones... some people just don't like them at all. These were very comfortable.

I really liked the sound...very nice and I don't like ear buds or headphones...since I won a pair at the Pilgrimage (thanks again Klipsch!), I will let you know more when they arrive...I remember them being VERY comfortable too...as the ear canal design (patent pending) was unique...

Bill

These headphones are nothing like you have ever heard. The sound is amazing and I am not a headphone or in ear headphone guy at all. I was very skeptical when I gave them a listen. The product is very comfortable and no listening fatigue by clipping drivers.

Jim, they are nothing like the standard mini speaker headphones you posted pics of. They are more like modern hearing aids than the headphones.

I forget the head engineer's name who designed them but he was there and so was the the engineer who had to make it all fit into the small container. They gave us the story of how they came to be. Very interesting story. He was a speaker engineer, not a headphone engineer so he really broke the mold, so to say, and made a truly revolutionary new personal listening system.

It always impresses me how skilled and innovative Klipsch's engineering staff is.

These headphones are a great addition to the Klipsch product line.

JM

I'm looking forward to these Klipsch ear buds. A couple of years ago I bought a pair of very expensive (to me anyway) Shure e3c ear buds that really impoved the sound I heard out of my ipod. It was a easily discernable difference over the other commonly available earbuds and small headphones. Key was getting a good seal in the ear with the large assortment of foam and rubber ear molds that came with the Shures.

• Moderators

The engineer is Mark Blanchard [:)]

The ear tips are unique because not only do they "gel" to the shape of your ear, but they are also oval, which is the same shape as the ear canal. Other earphone tips are round, which not only isn't as comfortable, but also do not seal for the best possible bass response.

I'm glad you guys liked them!

Hi,

I had the pleasure of listening to these for a couple of minute at he pilgrimage. They sounded very good. I was also surprised by the amount ambient noise they cut out, similar to foam earplugs (well, enough to make people talking significantly softer).

I came across the news of their release on www.macnn.com this morning. My biggest surprise was the *gulp* price at $350. I'm not a "headphone guy" per se and this price point could be perfectly reasonable. I was hoping to snag these as soon as they were available because they did sound very, very good and insulated ambient sounds significantly, but..... I'll be waiting a while.....

However, if you are looking for high end headphones I would certainly give these a listen!

Mace

• Like 1

Google ' smallest headphones klipsch '- there are several blog sites where you guys should feel free to express your experiences this summer at the Pilgrimage. Some prerelease BUZZ is always a good thing. You guys got a very exclusive shot at being the first to hear these, now's the time to TELL THE WORLD!

Mace, that is just the price for the ultra-teensy models. There will be more releases at different price points. We'll have something for everyone.

Mark Blanchard is SMILING [:D] big time today!

THANKS guys!

The Klipsch earphones I tried at the Pilgrimage were amazing. The sound was far better than any headphones or earphones I'd ever heard. And they were amazingly comfortable. I think I could actually forget they were in my ears. And I've hated other in the ear 'phones I've tried and am not a big fan of headphones but work in an open office pen environment (4 per pen as opposed to 1 per cubicle) so can't turn speakers up even to background levels.

Mark Blanchard should be smiling [:)]. This product is a definite winner. The legendary sound of Klipsch, in the palm of one's hand. [H] And the tiny Image model definitley has the coolness factor.

I was excited when I visited the earphone room this summer as I've been thinking of upgrading my headphones anyway (Grado SR60). I was glad I hadn't yet done so after hearing the Klipsch earphones. The really tiny version is out of my price range but the entry level model also sounded amazing and were amazingly comfortable.

I didn't listen to the double armature model and the 2 ways were very much in the prototype stage so didn't try them... but budget wise (or lack thereof) I'll probably have to "settle" for the entry level model anyway. Can't wait until they go on sale.

• Moderators

Now did Klipsch give you each your own set of earphones while on the pilgrimage to hear or did you have to incert the same waxy and hair filled plugs into your ears that had just come out of the big smelly guy standing in front of you?

Hey who told you I was standing in front ! [:$]

We sat at a long table with plenty of earphones, and they had some cleaning wipes you could use. Although Mark, the designer of the earphones would clean all of them in between each group of people trying them, a job I would guess he was not happy with !

• Moderators

Hey guys I know this is off topic but take a look at Just Like Dtel's avatar in the post above....that is two of our beautiful granddaughters. Ashlynn Alexis-Joy on the left and Rylee Christy Claire on the right, with thier dad in the middle.

• Moderators

Just a little footnote: Buddy our seven year old grandson attended the Pilgrimage with us and also tried out the earphones. They conformed to his little ear perfectly and fit dtel just as good. They sounded awesome.

We were all excited when we visited the earphone room.