College Football!!!!

PhilMays

One tough thing about this situation is the challenge to find a coach who will bring a better record than Houston.

Does Houston still have the support of Broyles?

Thats a good queston. His last official act might be to...........

A new coach? Hummm. That would be another ex-Arkansas player. He would only set foot on campus when Frank is NOT in power. He would be a Razorback, loyal to his team and state. A person that is willing to take a pay-cut to better his team and state. There are only two coaches on the planet that sport both National Champ Rings and Superbowl Rings. Both are former AR. players.

Last Sunday on FOX NFL, in jest, he was asked if he would ever coach again. His answer was "only for a team with a ten and four record last year". This guy offered his services to AR. several years ago and was rejected by Frank. It has not been a public thing or media thing, but Dee, this guy is a Razorback, root hog or die, of old. On a sport radio show, the question was posed "he has been out of coaching for a while, can he reqruit"? The ansewer was " let's see, it you walk into a HS kids home with a NC ring on one hand and a SB ring on the other.......YES.

You didn't hear this from me.............[;)]

tc

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heismann?

Last year's runner up D. McFadden may be the best athlete in college football. However, Heismann espectations include a stellar record to go along with a stellar athlete. Oh, well. Even if Heismann is a longshot, DMac might well be the first pick in the first round of the NFL draft. Interesting enough, Heismann winners aren't necessarily the people one thinks of when naming a list of NFL greats. No sour grapes here. Just an observation.

Heismann?

Last year's runner up D. McFadden may be the best athlete in college football. However, Heismann espectations include a stellar record to go along with a stellar athlete. Oh, well. Even if Heismann is a longshot, DMac might well be the first pick in the first round of the NFL draft. Interesting enough, Heismann winners aren't necessarily the people one thinks of when naming a list of NFL greats. No sour grapes here. Just an observation.

Not to worry Dee. McFadden will be a millionaire next year, with or without the Heismann. [ip]

Yeh. I think it's probably time for a change, too. My take is that Houston is probably aware of this, too. In his place, I think I'd be looking for another job. However, his contract security is only effective if he's fired, right? So being fired may be something he feels he has to endure in order to keep a paycheck.

Yeh. I think it's probably time for a change, too. My take is that Houston is probably aware of this, too. In his place, I think I'd be looking for another job. However, his contract security is only effective if he's fired, right? So being fired may be something he feels he has to endure in order to keep a paycheck.

It's a sad thing for everyone. I'm sure that his family suffers, and I would think that he would want them away from here. Don't know what a firing would mean in dollars for him. I do know that we have paid Nolen Ritchardson 40K per month following his dismissal. (2002??) At least Nolen brought us a national championship. Make no mistake, the Razorback Foundation can afford another one. This is a business, and this business is about WINNING.

If we look at the program before Houston arrived, we must praise him for what he has done. He has given much, but has given all that he has to give.

tc

EDIT PS: Pardner, this is becoming too painful.[:'(] I am out. Let's talk about speakers and stuff. [:)]

Regards,

Terry