False Corners Don't Have To Be Ugly. (PICS !!!)

Mr Tech

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wade that is as good a job as I have seen any where, excellent workmanship. My question is the same as boom3, how does the bass sound compared to real conners?

Jay

Boom3 & Canyonman,

I wish I could answer your question, but I have never had these in real corners, only as they are now.

I have often wondered the same thing myself, though. I've even wondered if the actual wall construction of a real corner could influence the sound to any noticeable degree. Such as brick verses sheet rock, etc.

My guess is that there is little or no discernable difference in corners, false or real. The overall room acoustics probably play a larger role.

Thanks, to everyone, for all the great remarks.

I know the false backs on mine were a HUGE improvement...

I would say these would be very, very, nice if the wood is strong enough not to vibrate and seal properly.

After all, that is the goal.

If only this was a kit... finished in the Klipsch stains too.. That way, you solve the big two issues with any K horn owner......

The corner seal... AND where you want to point them exactly as well!

GREAT JOB!

Thanks much for all the great comments & kudos guys, I really appreciate it.

Indy said: "If only this was a kit... finished in the Klipsch stains too.. That
way, you solve the big two issues with any K horn owner...... "

I would seriously consider something like that except for one thing, I really do not like woodworking.

I'm just a nuts & bolts kinda car guy.

This project was truly a labor of love.

Thanks again

• 2 weeks later...

Mr Tech,

I'm sorry I've been off the grid for a while, wish I had seen this thread sooner. Great pictoral, have you ever thought of showing your pictoral to Hugh Heafner [spelling], I need a cold shower and a nap.

While viewing this interesting thread, I began to wonder,"Was this the evolution by the almighty Mr. Klipsch in the evolution of the Jubilee???"

Just like the famous questions, "How many liks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop?

The world may never know."

What do you think Roy?

• Klipsch Employees
icon-quote.gif
canyonman:

Wade that is as good a job as I have seen any where, excellent workmanship. My question is the same as boom3, how does the bass sound compared to real conners?

Jay

Boom3 & Canyonman,
I wish I could answer your question, but I have never had these in real corners, only as they are now.
I have often wondered the same thing myself, though. I've even wondered if the actual wall construction of a real corner could influence the sound to any noticeable degree. Such as brick verses sheet rock, etc.

My guess is that there is little or no discernable difference in corners, false or real. The overall room acoustics probably play a larger role.

Thanks, to everyone, for all the great remarks.

Steve P had about the same thing on his horns. they do not curve as good as when they are in corners. The corners that PWK had on his were made with standard 2x4 construction. The worked a bit better due to them being more stiff. (less flex)

I too will chime in Mr. Tech and say that you did a great job not only in building the false corners, but the pics did a nice job of showing your endeavour. BTW, I feel your pain with regards to doing woodworking with limited tools. As a car guy, you've no doubt heard the phrase, "right tool for the right job" and in the world of woodworking I feel it's even more true. Trying to make beveled cuts with a skill saw or true round holes with a sabre saw is possible, but not much fun nor nearly as successful if one was to have the proper tools.

One question I have and that is why did you construct the "corner" such that it came to a point? I mean, it would seem to me that had your "corner" not come to a point, but rather a "flat" such that the tail board of the Khorn would be flat against it, then it would have eliminated both the corner sealing issue as well as possibly not having to have that threaded rod/wingnut device (whew......there's a sentence that Coytee would appreciate and one that indicates my chances of alzheimers is low!! [:|]).

Anyhow....again, nice job and thanks for sharing.

Tom