Do you use your subwoofer for 2-channel audio CDs?

Kain

Absolutely!

Without it, you simply lose out on ALLOT of content that most CDs contain!

Listen to a Sarah Maclachlan or Peter Gabriel CD with and without and be amazed at what you are missing without a sub.

Note: In many threads, especially in reference to HT use, many folks complain that they do not like the "boom" of the sub.

If you are experiencing such a phenomena, it says that you have set the sub up incorrectly!

It is not the fault of the sub (unless it is simply ill-designed!). A properly set up sub should not be apparent except for extended LF response, as gain levels should be identical at the transition/crossover point.

• Moderators

Listen to a Sarah Maclachlan or Peter Gabriel CD with and without and be amazed at what you are missing without a sub.

Most definitely use my 15" Velodyne with CD's as well as for movies. Mas is correct. Try "In the Arms of an Angel" without a sub, then with your sub. Huge difference.

If you have your speakers all balanced properly, the sub will enhance the sound, not overpower the fronts.

I use my sub for 2 chan about 25% of the time.

I'm usually in a 2 channel purist mode where I want to see what the cornwalls can do with exactly the 2 channels on the recording.

When I have been using it, I've been setting the crossover at 40 hz just basically to cover what the cornalls can't.

Yes I do. My RSW-15 supports my RF7s extremely well. Without it, the basement's concrete floor tends to take the punch out of the room, which Dr. Who measured to be reasonably flat despite our room's small dimensions. -Glenn

Here with all 7.1 Channels driven...

post-10177-13819361255324_thumb.jpg

I did not think I was going to be the exception here, but I do not use my subs for music listening. Maybe it is because my room was designed for my Khorns, but I found the bass less natural sounding with my subs on.

I only use my subs for HT. I have all my speakers set to large w/o any channel crossover. I only have sub effects going to my subs.

I remember once Damon was at my house watching the depth charge scene in U571 and he commented on the bass. I told him to look at the LED's on my subwoofer amp, showing him that most of the sound was comming from the mains and not the subs.

JM

I did not think I was going to be the exception here, but I do not use my subs for music listening. Maybe it is because my room was designed for my Khorns, but I found the bass less natural sounding with my subs on.

I only use my subs for HT. I have all my speakers set to large w/o any channel crossover. I only have sub effects going to my subs.

I remember once Damon was at my house watching the depth charge scene in U571 and he commented on the bass. I told him to look at the LED's on my subwoofer amp, showing him that most of the sound was comming from the mains and not the subs.

JM

What kind of subs with the K-horns? How many?

In my own experiences I have found that a sub/subs not properly tuned to the room and in my case..........going overboard with the gains on the subs will definitely not sound natural to the music or the movie. I have been guilty many times running the subs "hot" just because I like the sound of them so much.[:D]

For my listening rooms.....I have found that bigger may be better but less is more.[:o]