Get yer Scottish On!

How about this description from the website:

The Leather is the warmest, heaviest, most expensive, most amazingly badass, most go-to-a-bar-and-have-women-ask-to-touch-your-Utilikilt garment we offer. This baby isn’t for the meek. The Leather is for real men. Big men. Men who aren’t afraid to wear large swaths of cow around their waists. Men who take secret pleasure in making vegans and bovine activists cry.

"If it's not Scottish, it's CRAP!"

Too bad you can't type with an accent.

LOL! Right! My sentiments, exactly! "Eif eat's naw Scoot-ish, eat's CRR-R-R-R-OP!" -How's that? [:D]

Maybe I need more marbles in my mouth? LOL

Wouldn't you need to be a member of a clan to wear clan colours, which is what tartans are?

Not necessarily. There are generic tartans and plaids that you can get as kilts, that aren't affiliated with a particular clan. I work at a small Presbyterian college, and a number of the men wear kilts, especially for dress occasions. There is a drum and pipe group that plays for convocation, when all the faculty march in and are introduced to the freshmen class. For this they wear the dress kilts, and all the accessories. A couple will wear standard work kilts on a regular basis.

Our school had a tartan that was designed and registered. If the material is bought, it is on special order with a minimum requirement for the purchase.

Bruce

Wouldn't you need to be a member of a clan to wear clan colours, which is what tartans are?

Not necessarily. There are generic tartans and plaids that you can get as kilts, that aren't affiliated with a particular clan. I work at a small Presbyterian college, and a number of the men wear kilts, especially for dress occasions. There is a drum and pipe group that plays for convocation, when all the faculty march in and are introduced to the freshmen class. For this they wear the dress kilts, and all the accessories. A couple will wear standard work kilts on a regular basis.

Thanks for clearing that up. Could it be that the black kilts are for informal occasions, sort of like jeans instead of dress pants?

That certainly is a pretty humourous site. Let freedom swing!

Depends on the situation. Ultimately within the family groups there are very strict rules about who can get beat up for wearing the wrong tartan in the wrong place, or the wrong tartan with the wrong heritage. If you are amongst them, you had better be wearing a generic, or none at all.