America

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AMERICA : The Greatest Country in the World ................. Our best days are ahead !!! ..................... "One Love" .......

Take a moment for our troops overseas ................. Never forget P.O.W.'s and M.I.A.'s ...........

Amen!

Happy Birthday U.S.A. Never forget what it took to make our home.

Never forget the "maintenance" involved.

Looking back you have to try to understand the decision to declare our independence. It was probably one of the most difficult decisions our "Founding Fathers" ever faced.

Imagine the consequences if we hadn't made the decision and didn't stand up for our rights.

Looking back on the July 4, 1776 declaration is sure seems like a good decision now. We ARE the greatest country on the face of the earth.

I always think of what it took for US to reach the point where we are.

We have a brave and just country and I'm proud of it.

This has stuck in my mind since reading it:

John Stuart Mill: "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks nothing is worth a war, is worse."

"A man who has nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance at being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Harry

Congratulations USA! I love your country. [Y] Although I find it strange to call your own country the best in the world, especially on a forum with friends from abroad. Who do you think you are? More equal than others? And BTW, everybody knows Holland is the greatest county in the world, but USA has the greatest country in the world! [;)]

Congratulations USA! I love your country. Yes Although I find it strange to call your own country the best in the world, especially on a forum with friends from abroad. Who do you think you are? More equal than others? And BTW, everybody knows Holland is the greatest county in the world, but USA has the greatest country in the world! Wink

No disparity intended. We take pride in our country on the most important day in our country's history. Be it zeal or pride we are Americans and extremely proud of our country. Especially on it's birthday.

BTW, I love the vintage Amperex tubes, wooden shoes, Tulips, dykes, and one of your beers.

Harry

Understood! No harm done, it was just a little food for thought. I love the USA and understand why their citizens can be proud of their nation. The USA is a great country! It should not have to be compared to other countries, which calling it the greatest implies. Us modern countries are friends and friends should not feel better or less amongst each other. Happy Birthday again!

PS, I love some of those microbrews in Oregon! Great stuff! [Y]

AMERICA is the Greatest country in the world ..... hands-down !!! ... Funny how many non-Americans sneak into our country !!! ..... No disrespect to other country's ....... U.S.A. all the way !!!!!!!!! ........ As the United States goes, so does the rest of the world !!!! .......

......BTW, I love the vintage Amperex tubes, wooden shoes, Tulips, dykes, and one of your beers.

Harry

Ummm, dykes?? They're butch, not Dutch.

Anyway, you forgot to mention that Amsterdam has the best window shopping in the world.

......BTW, I love the vintage Amperex tubes, wooden shoes, Tulips, dykes, and one of your beers.

Harry

Ummm, dykes?? They're butch, not Dutch.

Anyway, you forgot to mention that Amsterdam has the best window shopping in the world.

Hey fella, You fish your pole, I'll fish mine. LOL!

I was wondering if it would slide through.

Harry