Sometimes life throws you a curveballl....

Joe Shmoe

Well, some of you know me, some don't. I have been around for a while, usually just popping in and reading a bit then leaving. Haven't had much to say until now.

It seems me and my girlfriend of about two years are going to have a baby. I know this happens all the time yadda yadda yadda...lol BUT things are a little more complicated this time around [;)]

As some of you know I went through some pretty extreme chemotherapy & radiation treatment about three years ago, which went well and I am currently still in remission. Because of that treatment, up until now anyway... I thought I was sterile. I never had any "formal" testing done, just assumed. My girlfriend already has two great boys ages 6 & 8. She was told not to have any more kids due to complications from her last pregnancy. Last summer we decided that she should also have a procedure http://www.essure.com/ done to prevent her from getting pregnant.

Well, last week we found out that God has given us a miracle baby. She is 8 weeks pregnant, and I have alot to get done in the next 8 months! Her Dr.'s office is going crazy over this, and it really is a shock to everyone. I am extremely happy but just a little unprepared to say the least.

To help out I am selling a few things, I have listed my DVD player in the Garage Sale section here on the forum, and I have also posted some stuff on eBay & will keep adding to that list. http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZimthmanQQfrppZ50QQfsopZ32QQfsooZ2QQrdZ0

Thanks!

-Joe & Amina

post-13769-1381938170562_thumb.jpg

post-13769-138193931119_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

Well Congratulations, some things just can't be explained, I hope she has no problems this time around.

Good luck, and get busy, many changes to come in the next few years.

Joe & Co (I kinda like that!),

Congrats on the newest member of the family! LOL, I can just imagine the conversation the two of you must have had after she found out hahaha! That's awesome! Glad everything has stayed in remission for you cause you look a lot better with hair! [;)]

I may be your way again in a month or so. If I am I'll buy you a congratulatory lunch (and maybe a few cd's to boot).

Thanks to you all for the great responses. She has been through it all before, but this will in no doubt be quite an experience for me. We were both pretty shocked, but as was said this baby was meant to be. I mean cmon... I couldn't really keep going on being a single unmarried guy with no kids forever right Colter?? LOL... j/k It really has changed my priorities, and I'm really not feeling bad about that [;)]

Sure David... Look me up! I'm right off the M6 & Kalamazoo exit.

ahhh WOW!!!!!!!!!

We used to chat a lot some time back. You seemed like a very cool down to earth guy then... You still are....

I have 2 kids of my own, The youngest one has a summer cold, I noticed the computer on, and stumbled across this post to just make my night.

IMO, this is just gonna be awesome for you both. I wish you and Mommie and the little one a safe pleasant experience through all of it. By all means get her on some good vitamins right away!

I will say two things, remind her this is your "first time"...LOL And, this is very important, enjoy the process.

A lot of people can be sperm doners, it takes a LOT more to be a dad.

"The clock is running. Make the most of today. Time waits for no man.
Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's
why it is called the present."

The origin is uncertain, although it's clear that the phrase is ancient
and that it predates modern English. The earliest known record is from
St. Marher, 1225:

Thanks Guys! It means alot to hear such kind words from you all! My girlfriend is very caring & understanding, she knows that this will be my first & is very informative on every little step we take. I couldn't ask for a better person to be a Mother to my child. Thanks Again!

-Joe