Well, I put down a deposit!!

customsteve01

Sunday I put down a depost on a 2009 Harley-Davidson Ultra Classic in Black Pearl. I have been wanting to upgrade for quite some time and have been looking and doing my research. I almost bought one 3 months ago and when my dad had a stroke I put it on hold. The 2009 models were released with all new frames, redesigned exhaust, taller front wheel and wider rear tire. The bike will also have anti-lock brakes and the security system. The bike should arrive around the middle of next month. I can't wait.

Here is a picture.

post-16814-13819400118724_thumb.jpg

post-16814-13819410271968_thumb.jpg

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest srobak

Nice looking... makes me look forward to my next bike purchase.

I have a Ninja ZX9 sportbike and a Honda ST1300 sport-touring now, and the next one will be a Goldwing, probably within the next 2 to 3 years. Awesome machines.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Taken during 4th of July weeks in 2007 and 2008... KI Sawyer AFB, Michigan (Defunct)

Sweet!~

I hope you don't mind driving it on a gravel driveway....

Sad

Richard,

I will not have it by then. Wont be in till mid September. Oh and I live on a gravel road, just ride slow, but I do hate the dust from it.

Glen,

We have already talked about coming to see yall on it. Do you think Verna would mind leaving the Stang in the driveway one night[:D] lol

Steve

Guest srobak

Taken during 4th of July weeks in 2007 and 2008... KI Sawyer AFB, Michigan (Defunct)

Sorry - I put it at the bottom of the pix.

Every summer I ride up to my dad's place in northern Michigan, next to the base. As the base was my home pretty much, I have to go back and see it. I took my MSF at that base in 91. Sometimes it is dis-heartening to go around the old base... it is a horribly deterriorated shell of what it was. Closed in 95. The region has never been able to recover, financially. :(

Glen,

We have already talked about coming to see yall on it. Do you think Verna would mind leaving the Stang in the driveway one nightBig Smile lol

Y'all come! We'll leave the light on yer yew! LOL -Glenn

NIIIIIIICE! Gotta love the classic styling with black and chrome - LOTSA chrome. Of course I fulfill such styling/chrome needs by way of McIntosh, but I appreciate such classic styling and build quality in all variations. Hell, I'm even a HOG (member of the Heritage Owner's Group), which is as close to owning a HOG as I'll ever get.

Enjoy the bike!

Congrats!!!

Intersting note, there's about a 40% chance that I built the main board in your Harman/Kardon Stereo that comes stock on that model.

Now thats cool.

I am having second thoughts on the color though. I really like 3 of the choices and the problem is you can't get all 3 colors in the same place at the same time to do a good comparison. The three are Black pearl, Red Hot SunGlo, and Dark Blue Pearl. I saw the Dark Blue Pearl yesterday and am leaning more toward that now.

Steve

.......I am having second thoughts on the color though. I really like 3 of the choices and the problem is you can't get all 3 colors in the same place at the same time to do a good comparison. The three are Black pearl, Red Hot SunGlo, and Dark Blue Pearl. I saw the Dark Blue Pearl yesterday and am leaning more toward that now.

Steve

Blue appeals to the ladies. Red goes faster. But black is classic and matches this fine full face helmet [;)]

post-17394-13819400217036_thumb.jpg

post-17394-13819410367114_thumb.jpg