Rosewood Decorator Cornwall project

rcarlton

They look marvelous!

The large grain swirls look like big ears to me. "All the better to hear you with, Mr. Cornwall."

Between and below the ears, centered on the sides near the bottom, you've got a Georgia O'Keefe motif going on, especially with the light sapwood showing on the left speaker. By this I mean, um, anotomically female. (Could be my weird mind)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

That is just great.

I have seem just a couple of decorator projects here and the zebrawood that Greg did a while back.

How are the motorboards done for final finish/trimming where the drivers and ports open? Hand? Router? File?

Were the two pieces used for this front semi-trimmed before gluing?

Great looking speakers.

I just looked at photo 526 'full frontal nudity' and about wet myself. That is some gorgeous craftsmanship there Ron.

However I never thought the CW was particularly strong with F vox. LS excels on F and piano to my ears. Glad you like them though.

What I did on the openings on my decorator H was to mask off the front side of each opening and hit it with spray from the back side (done before installing backs) this paints the edge of the opening and the edge of the veneer, leaving a very sharp edge and no exposed wood.

• 6 years later...

I think I got carried away with how the grain lined up. Kind of cool looking.

Nonsense, that is Grade-AAA professional work.... thank you so much for posting (better late than never).

Sure would like to know a reliable seller where that kind of veneer could be purchased. Anyone know?  Greg?

• Moderators

I think I got carried away with how the grain lined up. Kind of cool looking.

Nonsense, that is Grade-AAA professional work.... thank you so much for posting (better late than never).

Sure would like to know a reliable seller where that kind of veneer could be purchased. Anyone know?  Greg?

Luther (wardsweb) knows, especially in rosewood. The grain, pre-ban, iron on, glue on, etc. I seem to recall that he is getting it recently by mail in rolled up in large mailing tubes.

I can have him pm if you want.