Wanna smile? Look at this crazy ass project!

sheltie dave

What is wrong with his hobby? I had given the idea of building a scratch built engine serious pondering myself :P

At one of the shows at the "farm" there was a guy that built several of those engines, inlcuding an offinhouser (sp for sure!) that sounded like the real thing, you could have sworn that you were at the INDY 500 when he cranked that thing up!

I can respect any hobby at just about any level.

Have you ever had someone over and asked them to sit in the best location for the best sound only to be told to "Get a Life"?

I have!

The work I have done with my Forte crossovers is just as crazy as his but has brought as much satisfaction as his as well!

wow. What a hobby! Very cool. The precision required is more than impressive.

so, I guess at 1/6 scale the actual displacement would be 327 divided by 6?

Daddy Dee,

Edgar is correct. It is a 3 dimentional object, so you need to divide by the length x width x heighth, or divide by (6 x 6 x 6)

Roger

Did he actually build this as a four stroke? I'd like to see the valvetrain. The carburetor should be interesting too. Actually the distributor too and all other small parts.

EDIT: I just took another look. Wow. Did you notice how fat the spark plug wires look? How did he make the lifters? This is crazy, I am going into sensory overload.

At this point he needs to make the entire Vette. Actually, his next project should be to make one 6x the size of the original.

Not to downplay this V-8 small block Chevy, but have you seen the scale Ferrari another builder made?? Not only did he do a complete 12 cylinder, but he did the entire car to scale and working!! The transmission actually changes gears, actuated by the clutch pedal and shifter, it steers, has fully working drive train and suspension.

Roger