• Recent Topic Activity

• Recent Posts

• https://www.audiophilia.com/reviews/2023/6/11/49fkfmqfnubr67p4v3hwqf1mmlipym
    • Yup, one of Klipsch finest IMO worked well as a center with my Chorus II's for years. Also ran a pair in stereo for a bedroom setup I preferred them over the 75's and even the Palladium 17's. 
    • Post pics thats one hell of a system so don’t think anything less of it
    • Yesterday, June 28, the new album from The Warning, a group of sisters from Mexico, was released              
    • Hi, Look at the poster  🤩    : I have some RALPH Records records from that era, including Snakefinger               On bass : Michael Steele who would become The Bangles a year later    
    • Unfortunately, there is no clear "technical" answer to this question. It has a lot to do with taste and personal preferences. Because the Heritage speakers are so efficient, some people like the advantages of the small SET amps, holographic sound, etc. Others like a solid sound with reserves and authority in the sound image. Then there is the question of which of the two concepts is fatigue-free listening in the long term. Then there is the question of whether a small SET should feed a bass horn or has to feed a large bass reflex speaker. Personally, I'm more in the camp of the solid sound image with dynamic reserves. A very classic combination is, for example, a Klipschorn with Mcintosh tubes. I like it best with my C22CE and MC275Mk4. But my older sand Quad34 with Quad 606 also sound very nice. From time to time I use a 300B SET or one of my friend's home-made 6L6 SETs with 3 watts, I think. But these are always just short excursions while I'm already looking forward to what I perceive as the "real" powerful sound.
    • I think this was in 1958  Just surfing YouTube for any surprises and found this fantastic little gem 💎    Toshiko Akiyoshi     
    • This LP was recorded in a volcanic crater (in Hawaii) in walks in some free-jazz musicians have wondered into something akin to rock concert  From what I have read they absolutely had a ball - so play it loud   Artist - Carlos Santana and Buddy Miles  Title - Live         
    • Hmmmmm. Interesting question. I own a pair of Klipschorns & LaScalas.   I have in the past, or am currently using,  the following:   - HARMON KARDON 430 receiver       25W TWIN-POWERED, STEREO, SOLID STATE   - EICO      HF-81    14W INTEGRATED AMPLIFIER, STEREO, TUBE   - EICO      HF-85    PRE-AMPLIFIER, TUBE    EICO      HF-87    35W AMPLIFIER, STEREO, TUBE   - H. H. SCOTT 299-B    50W INTEGRATED PREAMP-AMPLIFIER, STEREO, TUBE   - CARY     SLP-94      PRE-AMPLIFIER, TUBE    WELBORNE LABS   MOONDOG   3.25W SET MONO AMPLIFIER, TUBE   - CARY     SLP-94   PRE-AMPLIFIER, TUBE    NOS VALVES       VRD   MONO BLOCK AMPLIFIERS, TUBE                                 60 watts Ultra Linear/30 watts Triode switchable   - McINTOSH         MAC 1900     55-55W DIRECT COUPLED RECEIVER, SOLID STATE   - McINTOSH         MX 110 FM-STEREO, TUNER-PREAMPLIFIER, TUBE, type X    McINTOSH         MC 30   30W MONO POWER AMPLIFIER, TUBE    McINTOSH         MC 30   30W MONO POWER AMPLIFIER, TUBE   - McINTOSH         C 26     PRE-AMPLIFIER, SOLID STATE    McINTOSH         MC 2105  105W POWER AMP, STEREO, SOLID STATE   Which option do I prefer? Heck if I know . . . they all sound good.    
    • This is a great question, but you'll hear everyone mention a different amplifier. The best amplifier is the one that best matches your setup, room, and personal preference. I recently said something similar.  But the Cornwall 4 that I previously owned had a somewhat bright sound. Here, the 2A3 tube amplifier with the CW4 never seems to be the perfect match. This amplifier was very good, but I also found it somewhat bright in sound, which could sometimes make it sound a bit harsh. In this case, I found the 300B SET+CW4 a better match. Now, with the LaScala AL5, I don't find the 300B SET a very pleasant match, a bit to much coloring, but now the 2A3 tube is the most pleasant combination.  Before I started working with acoustic panels, the 2A3 was the best match with my AL5. Now that I have installed acoustic panels, I prefer my 45 SET.    To answer your question from my experience, I don't have a favorite amp ever; it's more about my favorite amp at the moment with my current setup, and these are the Melody 2A3 PP and the 45 SET, with the 45 SET being the preferred choice for now.    My music style is jazz, vocals, and acoustic instruments. However, if I were to listen to rock, beat, or electronic music, the 45 SET would not be suitable at all, and my preference would shift to a completely different amplifier.   And welcome to this forum 
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      2.4m
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    TKTK