• Recent Topic Activity

• Recent Posts

• OK I am an idiot...how do you generate the FIR files? @gigantic
    • Best is extremely objective in my opinion. Many (including me) say they want realistic neutral sound. We no matter how hard we try all like a certain flavor to our music. I'm finding bass is more important to me than I thought it was but nowhere near as much as others. For recreational music the Fisher 440T is preferred. Critical listening is the Topping PA3s class D. I enjoy seeing how many different sounds I can identify simultaneously.
    • any suggestions for a smaller moderately priced subwoofer to pair with the KG 1.2s and the denon intergrated amp?
    • If the subwoofer has speaker wire inputs or you use a converter no issues.
    • i got this amp in 1987 at the PX in schwabach, germany. actually this pic is from interwebs, my amp is in it's box. it does not have a subwoofer channel. however, i have read that it is fine to hook up the subwoofer to the B speaker output and listen using A & B. does that pose any issues?
    • thanks for the heads up on the R-41M. i had a feeling they would not work as well. others have suggested the RP-600Ms. they must be nice speakers. i did rush into a deal for some KG 1.2s in excellent condition that i could not pass up. a poor decision? perhaps. with the shipping, i think these cost more than the ones in had in the 90s.  
    • EV T35's (HT-3500) were standard. They offered the T350 if you wanted to pay more for it. I think I paid $85 for mine in 1976 or 77. & $105 for the very nice mid driver and horn. The speakerlab with the better drivers sounded better than the Klipschorn's. I have two pair. Both with the T350's with ferrofluid. 
    • Well, I am interested in the AHB2 because there is a certain relationship to my old British Quad amps. And then this Topping LA90 also comes into play. If I understand it correctly, it's very much about certain outstanding technical values such as the signal-to-noise ratio...or other parameters. The question of this thread is "the absolute best amp" to drive Heritage Klipsch. I would think you can't pin it down to specific technical excellence values. Personally, I would say I have to hear it and it has to reach my heart and gut feeling. When people say that the AHB2 is the amp that Peter Walker could only dream of...well I have amps that Peter designed. I wouldn't naively say that because AHB2 is newer and has better specs it necessarily sounds better when I add everything together I think the core question of the thread is on a deeper level because it's about the match with Klipsch heritage speakers where a good balance and dosage of many parameters is important. The heritage speakers are in some ways "easy" to feed and in other ways "difficult" to feed. In the end, personal taste is the most important thing. I wouldn't say that an amp suddenly appears that puts everything else in the shade. If it does, wonderful, I should be allowed to hear it. But all too often in the last 60 years we've seen a "one trick dog" being hyped in marketing. And then, a little later, the next one is brought in. My conclusion: no aversion to innovation, but never throw the baby out with the bathwater when it comes to existing good-sounding amps. I would love to hear an AHB2 but I would also love to hear a Pass first watt. In the meantime, I'm very happy with my old Quad 606, 306 and also with the MC275.   To sum up, I'm open to new things but I'm very happy with what I have. If something new makes everything a little better then the question remains, is it a new listening experience or a marginal feature that I quickly get used to and what is assimilated by my hearing quickly. Then it's not worth it. I'll go further and it gets a bit philosophical. If the new stuff is actually better, ok, my 40 year old alter ego might aspire to that. The 65-year-old Heinz is perhaps happy with what he has and knows because the time of hunting is over. That's not meant to sound boring and depressing, but relaxed and sitting in the saddle.
    • How did you verify that is where the problem is?   Help us eliminate possible causes by detailing your troubleshooting steps and telling us what you've already tried to remedy the problem.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      2.4m
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Kelly Ware