• Recent Topic Activity

• Recent Posts

• Greetings fellow Klipsch fans - need to thin my heard after picking up a pair of KP-2500c.  As pic's show, exterior is not cosmetic friendly, however largely intact & internals clean.  The grills are in decent condition with one of them needing fabric to be reglued.  Sent the crossovers to Bob Crites for replacement & if memory serves, I also replaced the HF horn w/ titanium diaphragm.  The back panel glue is also not adhering, so back panels can be pulled using some muscle.   Apologies for my picture taking abilities - glad to take any requested pictures.   In the Phoenix AZ area and looking for a local area sale only as don't want to deal with shipping.  Prefer to sell to Klipsch forum members before going to FB/CL.  Please feel free to make me an offer if interested, would like to find these a good home - have served me well   Rick
    • So your amp is part of a reverse meter Cult  ‘And you are playing The Cult  Creepy 😱
    • Yes, not mine fortunately John. Took out 1 bar but, not the other liquor store. It got abit flooded though. Thanks man, Sorry couldn't talk much but, battery don't you know. 3 canes in this area 1 last year and 2 this year. Figure dang fortunate. Jogged east toward us.
    • Yes men, drinking a Heineken Dave... Yes, thought it twas my last ride... Thanks! By the way, nobody has found the old bar yet. It just up and disappeared... figure surge got it.
    • Greetings folks.  A little background I have extensive training in electronics and made a living as a controls engineer for decades.  That only to say I know what to look at and what to look for. My neighbor put an RT-12d out on the curb for a bulk trash pickup.  Oh heck naw - no Klipsch goes into a landfill without me first checking it out. Precious little info on this thing out there and here I am.  I did my due diligence reading all 8 pages of posts and some of y'all are certainly on top of this thing.  Seems like most problems are related to the PS. Here's the weird thing - this unit powers on, the display lights and you can cycle through all the settings. When you execute a demo you can hear it albeit VERY quiet. You can also hear it try a room calibration. I popped the bottom plate off and first thing I notice is it appears the amp board has been dealt with previously. An inordinate amount of heatsink compound gooped on the outputs and little white finger smudges on components. BUT - one thing is transistor Q502 had two leads broken off from apparent manhandling while being remounted. The transistor is a 2N4401 - a fairly common general purpose NPN so I ordered one off Amazon. That part of the board is very odd and it is near the multi-cable coming from the DSP board. There's like a double row of resistors lined up almost like a ladder network. Anyway so here's my questions: 1 - I seemed to see references to a low power mode that will lower the amp operating point.  Any ideas where and how that is implemented? 2 - anyone know teh purpose of that transistor and could it cause the symptom I describe? 3 - I read repeatedly that the main voltage (CD?) from the PS unit is ~ 8 VDC.  Mine shows nearer to 14VDC Thanks for any help - oh, and good golly the speaker has incredibly stiff suspension.  Must take a lot of watts to drive that thing!
    • Playin with fire. The meters don’t move and it’s too loud. 🙃
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      2.4m
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Brojon